Click to enlarge
Ad Infinitum, in combat stance.
Ad Infinitum explodes with light particles when weapons are drawn.
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Unused Infusion Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Obtaining the precursor, Unbound, requires players to complete the three Ad Infinitum I - III collections. The fourth collection, Legendary Backpack: Ad Infinitum, will allow the creation of the legendary Ad Infinitum. These four collections will be primarily focused on the Fractals of the Mists where players will be presented with challenges to complete and items to collect on their journey for the legendary back item.
- Legendary Backpacks: Ad Infinitum I: Finite Result — Collect all 11 fractal components. (6)
- Legendary Backpacks: Ad Infinitum II: Upper Bound — Collect all 11 fractal tier 2 components. (6)
- Legendary Backpacks: Ad Infinitum III: Unbound — Collect all 11 fractal tier 3 components. (6)
- Legendary Backpacks: Legendary Backpack: Ad Infinitum — Collect all 13 fractal tier 4 components. (6)
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Pristine Mist Essence x5|
|Third Order Mist Frame|
|Gift of Fortune||Glob of Ectoplasm x250|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Gift of Infinity||Achievement reward: Legendary Backpack: Ad Infinitum|
|Gift of Ascension||Purchased with 25 20+|
- When the player's weapon is drawn, an explosion of light particles emanate from the backpiece, followed by a steady glow behind the player's head. The backpiece itself expands in size, "flaring" out with an increased span.
- The glow disappears in favor of a transparent ley line glow when the player's weapon is stowed.
- It requires 4 Fractal Journals, each taking 4-5 days to get in the most optimal case (see Fractal Journal).
- Its infusion slot can be swapped without an Infusion Extraction Device. The swapped infusion appears in the player's inventory.
- Ad infinitum is a Latin phrase meaning "to infinity".
- The precursor, Unbound, was available to craft since the launch of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, though the ability to actually create the legendary back piece was not available until April 19, 2016.