Legendary armors are sets of armor of Legendary rarity. Like all legendary equipment, it is able to select any attribute combination available and can be changed at any time while out of combat. Additionally, it is possible to swap out any slotted upgrade component (runes and infusions) that has been placed in them at no cost (swapped out items are returned to your inventory).
Since the addition of the Legendary Armory on July 13, 2021, legendary armor can be transmuted freely, no longer consuming transmutation charges, and equipped across every level 80 character that can wear armor of that weight simultaneously. Appearance of the armor is retained and specific per equipment set and individual character. So for example, character A with a legendary chestpiece can have appearance 1 for equipment set 1, appearance 2 for equipment set 2, and character B can have appearance 3 for equipment set 1, and so on.
There is currently one set of each weight for each game mode.
PvE armor set
Armor: Perfected Envoy armor
Acquisition of the PvE sets with their unique skins is linked to raids; they require collection of Legendary Insights gathered weekly from defeated raid bosses, as well as obtaining various items from raid encounters for Legendary Armor achievements.
Each piece of Perfected Envoy armor requires the following:
It takes 150 Legendary Insights to obtain the first set of Legendary raid armor. With the weekly cap of 25 Legendary Insights (assuming you trade Legendary Divinations for Legendary Insights), this will take 6 weeks of reaching the required amount. Any subsequent sets of legendary armor cost 300 Legendary Insights, taking 12 weeks each, because crafting additional Refined Envoy armor precursor sets costs 150 Legendary Insights.
- Without converting Legendary Divinations into Legendary Insights the first armor set will take 10 weeks and subsequent armor sets 20 weeks each.
PvP armor set
This armor retains the visual look of the Ascended PvP armors. Each piece of PvP legendary armor requires the following:
It takes 300 to obtain a full set of Legendary PvP armor. With the season cap of 100 , this will take 3 seasons of reaching the season cap. It takes 3,600 to obtain a full set of Legendary PvP armor: 2,400 for the Star of Glory and 1,200 for the full Ascended Glorious armor set.
- 6330 PvP pips earned over 3 seasons: To finish as fast as possible, the player must complete 3 seasons of the non-repeatable PvP League reward chests. At any time during these 3 seasons, they must also complete the final repeatable Byzantium reward chest 24 times to accumulate the rest of the required.
- 6030 PvP pips earned over 9 seasons: To finish without completing the repeatable Byzantium reward chest at all, the player must complete all of the non-repeatable PvP League reward chests 9 times.
- 5440 PvP pips earned over 16 seasons: To finish with the fewest number of PvP games played, the player must not complete all of the non-repeatable PvP League reward chests in a single season. Instead, they should stop each season after completing the Persimmon chest. This is because the lower tiers of reward chest provide more per pip earned than the higher tiers.
Note: With the introduction of mini-seasons, total farming time may vary. Mini-season repeatable chests require more pips per rewarded, but mini-season games also finish faster in real time. The total time required to play Ranked PvP is probably very similar whether you are playing mini-seasons or regular seasons.
To calculate the number of PvP games required to earn the PvP pips above, players can use this formula: (Number of PvP games required) = (Number of PvP pips required) / [A + (7 x B) + C + (2 x D) + 3]
A = 4 if you are in Legendary rank, 2 if you are in Platinum rank, or 0 if you are in any other rank.
B = Your win rate. A 60% win rate is 0.60 in this formula.
C = Your top stats rate. If you get a top stats reward in 75% of games, this number is 0.75.
D = Your near victory rate. If 3% of your games are a near victory that awards bonus pips, then this number is 0.03.
Players can make a copy of this Google Sheet and insert their own personalized data to see an estimate of PvP games and hours required to acquire the pips above.
WvW armor set
You can also obtain a full set of legendary armor with the Triumphant Hero's armor skin instead, which has no WvW rank requirement and costs fewer WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets and Memories of Battle. Each piece of WvW legendary armor requires the following:
The Ascended Triumphant Hero's armor requires Grandmaster Marks matching the armor weight. The marks can be crafted, found in PvP Reward Chests, or found in the Box of Grandmaster Marks purchased with Grandmaster Mark Shard at the Skirmish Supervisor. Shards may also be found in final rewards chests for Bronze, Silver and Gold divisions of the skirmish reward track.
Full set costs
- WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets
|Triumphant Hero's armor||Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor|
|Exotic armor (tier 2) unlock||0||4 x 175 + 350 + 260 = 1,310|
|Ascended armor (precursor)||4 x 175 + 350 + 260 = 1,310||4 x 350 + 700 + 520 = 2,620|
|Legendary War Insights (x6)||1095 x 6 = 6,570||1095 x 6 = 6,570|
|Approximate time for total tickets||22 weeks @ 365 tickets per week||29 weeks @ 365 tickets per week|
- Memories of Battle
|Triumphant Hero's armor||Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor|
|Exotic armor (tier 2) unlock||0||250 x 6 = 1,500|
|Ascended armor (precursor)||250 x 6 = 1,500||500 x 6 = 3,000|
|Gift of War Dedication (x6)||250 x 6 = 1,500||250 x 6 = 1,500|
|Approximate time for total tickets||22 weeks @ 135 memories per week||44 weeks @ 135 memories per week|
Memories of Battle can be acquired from three sources:
- Chests on the WvW Skirmish reward track
- Progress on a WvW Reward Track (accelerated by using WXP boosters or Potion of WvW Rewards)
- Purchased directly from the Trading Post
Obtaining the Diamond chest on the Skirmish reward track acquires 105 , and completing a reward track usually gives 15 (depending on the track chosen). For a Silver rank player then two reward tracks will typically be completed in the same time it takes to reach Diamond skirmish chest (about 14 hours, no boosters used). This gives a total of 135 per week (105 + 2 * 15).
- Primary article: Perfected Envoy armor (light)#Gallery
- Primary article: Perfected Envoy armor (medium)#Gallery
- Primary article: Perfected Envoy armor (heavy)#Gallery
- Explorer: Legendary Armorer — Bind 18 unique legendary armor pieces. (15 )
- Legendary armor was implemented with Living World Season 3 Episode 5 "Flashpoint" on May 2nd, 2017, with the Perfected Envoy armor sets made available for acquisition. There are no plans to release another set in the future.
- Legendary armor was introduced to PvP and WvW with the August 8th, 2017 balance patch.