- 1327 AE
- Living World Season 2
- Seeds of Truth
- Far Silverwastes
Click to enlarge
- Discover the third memory seed planting location in the Silverwastes.
- Return to Camp Resolve.
- Speak with Priory Historian Gikki to see if there have ever been centaur in the Silverwastes.
- See if Seraph Master Sergeant Heche knows how to travel farther north into the Silverwastes.
- Speak with Ambassador Ikkhit'ch to find out more about the local skritt tunnels.
- Clear Picaroon Scratch of bandits to access skritt tunnels to the Far Silverwastes.
- Plant the seed to trigger the next memory.
- Bring the memory seed to the Far Silverwastes.
- Speak with Marjory.
- Proximity to Strong Memory
- Plant the memory seed.
- Speak with Faolain.
- Speak with Timurr Pacesetter.
- Speak with Nekhii Burnthide.
- Wait for Wynne to return.
- Speak with Nekhii Burnthide in private.
- Defend Faolain against hostile centaurs.
- Track down Wynne.
- Continue to track Wynne.
- Defeat Togonn Windmane.
- Find Wynne and Faolain
- Follow Wynne
- Speak with Marjory
- Travel back to the cave entrance revealed in Caithe's memory.
- Speak with Marjory.
- Return to the Silverwastes.
- Return to the Silverwastes.
- Drive the bandits out of skritt territory (if the Skritt tunnels are currently closed)
In Camp Resolve, talk to Priory Historian Gikki, Seraph Master Sergeant Heche, and to Ambassador Ikkhit'ch. If the skritt tunnels are closed, head north to Picaroon Scratch and complete the event drive the bandits out of skritt territory. Afterwards, go to the skritt tunnel in the Northwestern Silverwastes and enter it to reach the Far Silverwastes.
As Caithe, talk to Faolain and then proceed into the centaur refuge. Talk to Timurr Pacesetter, and then to Nekhii Burnthide. When Wynne appears, follow Nekhii Burnthide and talk to her in private. During the talk, Faolain is assaulted. Go back after finishing the talk, and defeat all remaining centaurs to continue. The fight can be quite tedious; a good strategy is to get stealthed as often as possible and to attack from within the stealth (as Caithe does not get revealed when attacking).
Afterwards, track down Wynne by following the markers on the map. As you reach Wynne, Togonn Windmane will appear, who you will have to defeat. Togonn will eventually protect himself using summoned earth elementals. Defeat the elementals first to make Togonn vulnerable again.
After the fight, go back to the refuge to look for Wynne and Faolain. Finally, follow the escaping Wynne again to complete the memory with a final cutscene.
Back in the reality, follow up with Marjory and then go with her to the entrance of the cave from Caithe's memory. Talk to Marjory again and then leave the instance to complete this story chapter.
|Don't Tread On Me||Seeds of Truth||5|
| Avoid all trample and charge attacks while defending Faolain.Story Instance: No Refuge
||Avoided Being Trampled||5|
For this achievement, you need to avoid being knocked down in the fight against the centaurs when defending Faolain. The centaurs will only knock down with trample or charge attacks, the former having a very visible attack, so it's possible to avoid those. If you are fighting in a group, you can avoid fighting the centaurs in melee, and as such avoid the attacks of them completely. Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Qualify for Don't Tread on Me effect.
|Dodgy Crowd||Seeds of Truth||10|
| Avoid all wind walls and sand pools while remaining in the battlefield against Togonn Windmane.Story Instance: No Refuge
||Avoided Windwalls and Sandpools||10|
To get this achievement, you need to avoid the wind and sand attacks during the battle against Togonn. The sand attacks are circle attacks that appear in the ground when an earth elemental dies or sometimes directly below Togonn, and the wind attacks are the large lines that move from one side of the stage to the other. Dodge through the wind attacks, they will also give a ping on the minimap when they spawn. The sand attacks from the elementals can be avoided by killing the earth elementals at range with Toxic Caltrops and Paralytic Dagger. The sand attacks below Togonn will not spawn if you are in stealth. Therefore, use Second Shadow to hit Togonn when he is vulnerable. If you are not the instance opener, then you will have access to your standard weapons and skills. You can use channeled blocks to block the wind waves. Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Qualify for Dodgy Crowd effect.
|Wicked Rodeo||Seeds of Truth||15|
| Complete "No Refuge" after speaking with the challenge mote to activate challenge mode.Story Instance: No Refuge
||Overcame Challenge Mode||15|
For this achievement, you need to activate challenge mode by talking to the Challenge Mote at the beginning of the instance. In challenge mode, Togonn will become invincible after every 10%, and as soon as he hits 50% life, he will constantly spawn his sand attacks from multiple directions. It is easier to complete with at least one other player. Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Qualify for Wicked Rodeo effect.
- In the open world
- Inside the instance
- Marjory Delaqua (outside of the memory)
- Shadowy Bulwark
- Shadowy Sorcerer
- Shadowy Warrior
- Maguuma centaurs
- Maguuma Hunter
- Maguuma Lancer
- Maguuma Mender
- Maguuma Peacekeeper
- Maguuma Shaman
- Maguuma Villager
- Nekhii Burnthide
- Timurr Pacesetter
- Togonn Windmane
- Veteran Maguuma Hunter
Talking to Priory Historian Gikki:
- Priory Historian Gikki: Is there something I can do for you, Commander?
Do you know of any centaur settlements found out here in the Silverwastes?
- It's said that a tribe was once encountered by a firstborn sylvari in the Far Silverwastes. I suspect they may share a common origin with the Maguuma centaurs of Restoration Refuge in Dry Top.
Where are these Far Silverwastes, and has the Pact found a route there yet?
- The region is even north of what we call the Northern Silverwastes. You should ask Seraph Master Sergeant Heche. I understand she's been on patrol in the Northern Silverwastes.
- Thank you for your time.
Talking to Seraph Master Sergeant Heche:
- Seraph Master Sergeant Heche: Welcome to our own little corner of Camp Resolve, Commander.
Have you found a way north of even the Northern Silverwastes, Sergeant?
- Not as yet, but you may want to ask Ambassador Ikkhit'ch. The local skritt have tunnels that reach even the most remote areas of the Silverwastes.
- Thanks, Seraph.
- (normal dialogue options)
Talking to Ambassador Ikkhit'ch:
- Ambassador Ikkhit'ch: Hello, hello. You have questions? I have answers, maybe.
Might one of these tunnels of yours lead beyond the Northern Silverwastes?
- Yes, yes! We have tunneled even out to the Far Silverwastes. You can use them, but we close our tunnel network up when bandits take over Picaroon Scratch.
How can I help?
- Nasty bandits took over our scratch. Please go bring them pains. Make them leave us be!
- Show me the way.
- I'll think about it.
- Consider your bandit problems handled.
- (normal options)
At Far Silverwastes
Talking to Marjory:
- Marjory Delaqua: Now that we're out here in the Far Silverwastes, where does your intuition tell you to plant the next seed?
- I feel as if we're very close to the right spot.
Talking to Marjory again:
- Marjory Delaqua: All of Caithe's relived memories seem to be taking a toll on you.
- I'll survive. I feel like we're getting close to something important.
Once in the memory:
- Faolain: I hope you don't mind that I invited some friends in case we need backup here.
Talking to Faolain:
- Faolain: We have her now. That centaur encampment up ahead must be where Wynne is hiding.
How are you so sure she'll share her secret?
- I'm confident that the two of us can persuade her.
Then why have you involved others in this?
- Our new friends are just here in case these creatures become hostile. You won't even know they're here unless we need them.
- I see. Let's get this over with.
- Faolain: Why don't you do the talking with these creatures up ahead? You have a better way with strangers.
Talking to Timurr Pacesetter:
- Timurr Pacesetter: Welcome to Outer Refuge. What can I do for you this day?
We're looking for another of our people. Her name is Wynne.
- Yes, it has been our great privilege to have Wynne as our guest. She and our scout Nekhii have already become close friends.
And where might I find your scout?
- Nekhii was near the center of our refuge, when last I saw her.
- Thank you. You've been very helpful.
- Maguuma Villager: Look! They are like Wynne, like the ones nurtured by Ventari's words.
- Maguuma Villager: It must mean something, to have the people of the Pale Tree among us now.
When walking up the stairs:
- Faolain: How could Wynne live among these animals?
- Maguuma Villager: She mocks us as simple beasts.
- Maguuma Villager: They are not what they seemed. Not so much like Wynne after all.
Approaching the center of the refuge:
- Maguuma Villager: Our scouts have seen others of their people nearby.
- Maguuma Villager: What is happening here?
Talking to allies:
- Timurr Pacesetter: Is there something you need?
- Not just now, thanks.
- Maguuma Villager: Is there something you require?
- Not just now, thanks.
- Faolain: I'm tired of chasing after Wynne, and I don't trust these animals she's been hiding amongst. What if she saw us coming and asked them to delay us?
- Don't worry. If she ran off again, I'm sure we can recover her trail.
Talking to Nekhii Burnthide:
- Nekhii Burnthide: You are like our friend Wynne. Are you from the Grove we have heard so much about?
That's right, and we've come a long way to speak with her. Where is she?
- I cannot say for sure where she is just now, but she should return to break bread with us later.
- If you don't mind, we'll just wait for her here.
- Faolain: How do we know they aren't lying to us? Let's just track her down.
Talking to Nekhii Burnthide again:
- Nekhii Burnthide again: Is there something I can do for you?
- Not just now, thanks.
As Wynne appears
- Faolain: Well, look who's here at last.
- Nekhii Burnthide: Ah. Wynne. Look, you have visitors.
- Wynne: Caithe. Faolain. My friends here had ancestors who knew Ventari. They're almost like cousins!
- Faolain: (laugh) I'm no kin to animals, and I'm tired of Ventari's nonsense. You need to come with us now.
- Wynne: No, Faolain. I go where I please, and just now it pleases me to stay among friends.
- Faolain: You've already dragged us halfway across Tyria to collect you, dear.
- Nekhii Burnthide: Wynne, you may remain with us as long as you wish. As our guest, you are entitled to our protection.
- Faolain: This is no concern of yours, my friend. Wynne is our sister.
- Nekhii Burnthide: Caithe, I would have words with you. Now.
- Faolain: By all means, have words, Caithe. Just make our point clear.
- Faolain: (sniff) I have had just about enough of these beasts and their filthy paddock. I need some air.
Talking to Wynne:
- Wynne: It's good to see you, Caithe. There's so much I've learned from these people—so much more I want to know about our shared history.
- I can't wait to hear all about it, but just now you need to listen to us.
Talking to Nekhii Burnthide:
- Nekhii Burnthide: We established this refuge to put some distance between our tribe and its violent past, but we will defend ourselves if we must.
No need for that, but you must know we've come a long way for Wynne.
- She is not property of yours to collect, and if you have no need for violence, why have you brought soldiers to the wastes?
A precaution only. These lands are hostile and unfamiliar to us.
- It is you who are the hostile strangers here. We can't abide such tensions in this refuge.
Is that a threat? Wait, what's going on?
- Stay here, and stay out of this.
- No. Faolain!
While talking to Nekhii:
- Faolain: Oh, you will regret doing that. (when selecting first response)
- Faolain: (scream) (when selecting second response)
- Maguuma Peacekeeper: Stop!
- Faolain: Caithe, they've turned on me! (when selecting final response)
- Nekhii Burnthide: No. Stop this at once!
After defeating the centaurs:
- Faolain: If she wants a chase, so be it.
While tracking Wynne down:
- Shadowy Bulwark: Die, animals!
- Shadowy Guard: Leave none standing.
- Faolain: I told you they were savages.
- Faolain: Wynne, come back here this instant!
Talking to Wynne:
- Wynne: You did this to them, you and her! They were so kind to me. How can I ever face Mother after this? How can you?
You need to stop that talk. Let's talk this out.
- I have nothing to say to either of you, and I can't be here anymore.
- Oh, Wynne.
After chasing Wynne:
- Wynne: (sob) No, leave me alone! What have you done?
- Faolain: Now, you know we didn't want any of this.
Cinematic as Togonn Windmane appears:
- Togonn Windmane: Wind, heed my call!
- Togonn Windmane: You cannot be allowed to escape after what you have done here.
- Faolain: Caithe, handle this. Wynne's run back to the refuge.
- Togonn Windmane: You will not escape justice.
- Togonn Windmane: (snort)
- Togonn Windmane: I cannot suffer you to live.
Reaching Wynne and Faolain:
- Wynne: (sob) Oh, my poor friends. I'm so, so sorry.
- Faolain: Some friend you are. They gave you shelter here, so you could hide with them—from us!
- Faolain: Then you set them against us, and just look what happened.
- Faolain: They might have overwhelmed Caithe and I, had my friends not happened along to help us.
- Wynne: (sob) Stop! I can't be here another moment. I won't!
- Faolain: I don't believe it. There she goes again.
Talking to Cadeyrn:
- Cadeyrn: It was our pleasure to assist the two of you here. We admire your work.
- Our "work" here was nothing to take pride in.
Talking to Marjory outside the memory:
- Marjory Delaqua: You look shaken. I think I'm glad I didn't see whatever you relived this time.
Wynne's centaur friends turned on them. Things escalated, violently.
- Gods. She's been to some dark places, hasn't she?
Speaking of, I think she chased Wynne into a nearby cave.
- If you're up for it, we should have a look.
Talking to Marjory in front of the cave:
- Marjory Delaqua: No use—it's sealed up tight behind that magical symbol.
In there is where I'm meant to plant the last seed. I'm sure of it.
- It kills me to suggest this when we're so close, but I can research that symbol back at the Priory and send for you as soon as I dig up anything.
- Do whatever it takes. Just find us a way in.