From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
At Bazaar Docks
- Things have changed a bit since the last time we were here, but I definitely like the new look. It reminds me of some of the stuff my parents inherited from my grandparents.
How do you like minding Taimi?
- It's a challenge. The kid is more difficult to keep a hold on than the slimiest ooze, and her mind is sharper than an Orichalcum blade. But Kas and I are keeping her controlled by pulling the "good cop, bad cop" routine. Actually, I guess that's something to smile about.
- That's good to see.
What's next for Delaqua Investigations?
- What do you suppose that roar was, the one we heard after defeating Scarlet? Healing for the moment, and Kas is enjoying the festival. I'll be ready to go soon enough.
- Good to hear!
You and Kas seem to be getting along.
- Good observation. Let me put it this way: we're happier than two skritt in a jewelery store.
- I hope that remains the case. You two look like a great couple.
- It is pretty spectacular, isn't it?
- Primary article: Bazaar Docks/dialogue#Festival of the Four Winds
- Taimi: Hello again! Are you two enjoying yourselves as much as I am? I bet you are. I've never seen Kasmeer looking so...rosy.
- Marjory Delaqua: Yes, well...that's what the sun does to her. She needs a wide-brimmed hat or she'll turn redder than an angry hylek.
- Kasmeer Meade: Nonsense! Sunshine is good for human skin...in moderation. I haven't had a proper sunbathing session since Southsun Cove.
- Taimi: Hmm. You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts.
- Kasmeer Meade: So, Taimi, what have you been up to? Is there anything fun happening at the sky docks?
- Taimi: Not really. Just a bunch of people being dolyaks and racing around. I can't participate so I opted out.
- Kasmeer Meade: I'm so sorry, Taimi. It does sound like fun, though. Would it bother you if Jory and I gave it a try?
- Marjory Delaqua: Oh, no. Nix to that, cupcake. There's no way I'm making cute baby dolyak noises in public. Goes against my image.
- Kasmeer Meade: Aww! That means I won't get to scratch you behind your shaggy little ears.
- Marjory Delaqua: Life is full of little disappointments, darling. This is one of 'em.
- Taimi: (laugh) "Shaggy little ears." (laugh)
- Marjory Delaqua: I'd like to propose a toast. With family-friendly beverages, of course.
- Taimi: A toast, eh? Vorpp mentioned that once but wouldn't elaborate. What is it, exactly?
- Kasmeer Meade: It's an adult custom, kind of like a salute. We all raise a glass and drink to honor someone or something important.
- Marjory Delaqua: In this case, to new friendships. They've already endured a lot, and may they continue to do so, come what may.
- Kasmeer Meade: Hear, hear! Or as Lord Faren might say, "I'll drink to that!""
- Taimi: Okay, I don't have a fop to quote, so I'll just toast in my own words." (ahem) "On behalf of myself and Scruffy, I approve.
- Marjory Delaqua: Taimi, what's the problem? It's bad luck and bad manners to toast and then not drink.
- Taimi: This stuff is too...fizzy. It tickles my nose.
- Kasmeer Meade: (laugh) "It is a rather unusual concoction, isn't it? But the more I drink it, the more I like it!
- Marjory Delaqua: I understand the hylek barkeep is using Zephyrite crystals to make it fizz.
- Taimi: Really? Zephyrite magic? That changes everything. Here's to fizz in your nose!
- Marjory Delaqua: Hmm. And a minute ago, you claimed not to know what a toast was. I guess asura really do learn fast.
- Kasmeer Meade: So, I'm exhausted. Are we ready to turn in for the night?
- Marjory Delaqua: Do you mean am I ready to have you all to myself? I'm ready for that every waking moment of the day.
- Kasmeer Meade: Kiel said they've got a bungalow set up for us. It's ours for the duration of the festival.
- Marjory Delaqua: That sounds great. Let's check it out and see how it compares to our digs back home.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'm just asking if this is the best time for us to be wasting time.
- Kasmeer Meade: We're not wasting time. We've earned a break. And we've had a formal request to be seen enjoying the festivities.
- Marjory Delaqua: All this sunshine isn't good for my complexion.
- Kasmeer Meade: A little sun won't kill you. Stop fretting.
- Marjory Delaqua: I keep thinking about that roar we heard. We should be investigating what it means, not making public appearances.
- Kasmeer Meade: You're making a statement. You're showing the world you've recovered and that Lion's Arch can do the same.
- Marjory Delaqua: Fine. But I'll be thinking about more important matters while we're here.
- Kasmeer Meade: I don't want to argue. I just want you to see that this is just as useful as investigating.
- Kasmeer Meade: The world is full of danger. We need ways of dealing with it that don't put us at risk every time we go out.
- Kasmeer Meade: When Scarlet struck you down, my heart stopped.
- Marjory Delaqua: Oh, Kas. I'm sorry-
- Kasmeer Meade: Shhh. Just follow my lead and try to enjoy yourself.
- Marjory Delaqua: So, Kas. What did you think of the Zephyr Sanctum?
- Kasmeer Meade: Amazing! And a little frightening. The subtle motion, the ground so far away. Good thing my hiccups are under control.
- Kasmeer Meade: I've never been sea sick or had vertigo before, but I think I just had both at once.
- Marjory Delaqua: Yes, I noticed you weren't looking down whenever we walked too close to the railings.
- Kasmeer Meade: Ugh, please don't remind me. I prefer to keep my breakfast where it is.