Champion Karkas are large, mature karka that have been found throughout Southsun Cove, though more have been discovered in the Ring of Fire. While many were encountered defending the Ancient Karka during the final stage of the Lost Shores release, currently only one is known to have survived the Lionguard's attacks on the island and can be found residing at the top level of the Karka Hive.
- Historical events
- Maneuver the ancient karka back toward its nesting grounds (80) [Group Event]
- Lays Eggs
- Karka have two health bars; the first acts as their shell's "durability", while the second is their actual health. Each time the shell loses 25% of its total durability, the karka will evade for 2 seconds and gain Retaliation or Regeneration for 30 seconds, alternating between the two. Once the shell's durability has been depleted, it will break, removing the Armored effect and exposing the karka's health.
- The karka lays a pile of Karka Eggs and then immediately strafes, stepping to the side while evading for 2 seconds. They will always do this twice, one after another, and when done, there appears to be a chance for the karka to gain Stability for 30 seconds.
- Spit - Projectile auto-attack that hits twice.
- Sticky Spit - The karka shoots out 5[verification requested] globs of sticky goo, creating area of effect fields where they land. These fields pulse every second over 3 seconds, dealing damage and inflicting Immobile for 1 second. When this skill is used, there appears to be a chance for the karka to gain Stability for 30 seconds. The karka then uses a single-target, channeled, projectile attack that hits an enemy up to 10[verification requested] times, dealing damage and making them Immobile for 1 second with each hit.
- Stomp - The karka leaps to target location, causing a high-damage, point-blank area of effect attack that applies 1 stack of Vulnerability for 5 seconds and occurs 3 separate times; as it jumps, when it lands, and after it lands. When, and after, the karka lands, the attack knocks down for 2 seconds. Additionally, the karka gains 30 seconds of Stability just before this skill is used.
- Stolen skills
|Fallen Adventurer's Backpack||Container||Exotic||1|
|Karka Shell||Crafting material||Rare||1|
|Vial of Powerful Blood||Crafting material||Rare||1|
|Chunk of Crab Meat||Trophy||Junk||1|