The Wychmire Swamp is a large area in the northwest portion of Caledon Forest. According to some of the wardens stationed in this area, this swamp holds a very dark and powerful power that must stay contained. The entry to the Nightmare Court's headquarters, the Twilight Arbor, is also found there.
Locations and objectives
- Falias Thorp Waypoint —
- Lionguard Waystation Waypoint —
- Twilight Arbor Waypoint —
- Wychmire Waypoint —
- Hero Challenges
- Powerful Darkness (14)
- Tears of Itlaocol
- Twilight Arbor (50)
- Defend Falias Thorp from the Nightmare Court (13)
- Drive the Nightmare Court from Falias Thorp (13)
- Protect Gamarien as he scouts Wychmire Swamp (14)
- Defeat the champion (15) [Group Event]
- Defeat the great jungle wurm (15) [Group Event]
- Defeat the troll chieftain (15)
- Destroy the avatars of blight (15) [Group Event]
- Destroy the blighted growth (15) [Group Event]
- Kill the giant blighted grub (15) [Group Event]
- Freed Prisoner
- Gamarien (15)
- Warden (13)
- Warden Idon (50)
- Warden Mella (13)
- Warden Shield (13)
- Jungle Grub (12)
- Champion Hylek Cuicani
- Hylek Amini (13)
- Hylek Cuicani (13)
- Hylek Nahualli (13)
- Hylek Tlamatini (13)
- Hylek Warrior (13)
- Veteran Hylek Amini (15)
- Veteran Hylek Chieftain (14)
- Veteran Hylek Cuicani (15)
- Veteran Hylek Nahualli (15)
- Veteran Hylek Tlamatini (15)
- Blighted Mortar
- Corrupted Plant
- Grand Chest
- Mosquito Larva
- Nightmare Mortar
- Nightmare Thorns
- Spider Egg Sac
- Swamp Chest
- Tear of Itlaocol
- Troll Food
- Troll Trophy Spike
- Warden's Mortar
- Warning Sign
- At the Dengatl Grounds
- Veteran Hylek Chieftain: This swamp belongs to us. Drive the frail ones out.
- Hylek Warrior (1): We try. They are thin and pale, but fierce in battle.
- Veteran Hylek Chieftain: We are hylek. We are the strongest. Take back our swamp.
- Veteran Hylek Chieftain: I am hungry. You! Go hunt. Bring me food.
- Hylek Warrior (1): Yes, chieftan.
- Veteran Hylek Chieftain: Be quick. Not like last time.
- Hylek Warrior (1): If chief keeps pushing, I am going to push back.
- Hylek Warrior (2): He is soft. Maybe you will be chief. That would be good.
- Veteran Hylek Chieftain: The sylvari interlopers must go.
- Hylek Warrior (1): They grow like weeds and push us off the best land.
- Veteran Hylek Chieftain: Cut them down. Rip them out. We were here first.
- At Falias Thorp
- Warden (female): I miss the sun. It's always so dark and wet here. I feel so lethargic.
- Warden (male): Maybe you should take a trip to the ocean.
- Warden (female): I feel disconnected here in the swamp.
- Warden (male): I know. We're so far from the Grove. I miss the Pale Tree.
- Warden (female): Perhaps we should spend some time in the Grove; reconnect with our roots.
- Warden (male): I know these settlements are important, but why must we live in the swamp?
- Warden (female): All of the land needs stewardship, not just the forests and lakes.
- Warden (male): In the Dream, this place didn't smell so sour.
- Warden (female): Have you ever gotten close to a member of the Nightmare Court?
- Warden (male): No, thank Ventari. Have you?
- Warden (female): Once. I almost wilted. She seemed so alien. It was like she existed in a shadow world.
- Warden (female): Sometimes when I meditate, part of my Dream returns to me... a dark part.
- Warden (male): Oh my! What do you see?
- Warden (female): Shapes in the swamp... shadows... coming for me.
- Warden (male): Probably just those slimy hylek. They scare me in daylight.
- Warden Shield: They warned me when I was first posted here that the swamp was full of nasty things. But the Nightmare Court, hylek, and summoned husks are overwhelming.
- Warden Mella: Then again, the swamp air is great for the complexion.
- Warden Shield: Strangely, they didn't warn me that you were so... cheerful.
- At the Lionguard Waystation
- Lionguard (1): They say on a clear day, you can see all the way to Twilight Arbor from up in this tower.
- Lionguard (2): Has there ever been a clear day in the Wychmire Swamp?
- Lionguard (1): Not in the five years I’ve been here.
- Lionguard Jordd: I hate this post. We’re in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to do.
- Lionguard: Someone has to keep the roads safe.
- Lionguard Jordd: That’s us... Keeping the roads safe, one hylek at a time.
- Lionguard: When’s the next supply caravan going to arrive?
- Lionguard Lyn: I don’t know, but I’m sure getting tired of nuts and berries for breakfast.
- Lionguard: I just want something to drink other than dew water.
- Resource nodes
- Copper Ore/Rich Copper Vein
- Ekku Sapling
- Blueberry Bush
- Button Mushrooms
- Herb Seedlings