|| This skill is split between game modes — select one to view:
Spectral. Create a spectral ring that protects allies and inflicts fear on foes. Gain life force when a foe is inflicted by fear from this skill.
This skill can only inflict fear on the same foe once per interval.
- Protection (5s): -33% Incoming Damage
- Fear (1s): Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration.
- Life Force: 4%
Number of Targets: 10
Duration: 8 seconds
Duration: 5 seconds
- ½ seconds
- Combo Field: Ethereal
- Range: 900
— In-game description [?]
- Dread — Inflicting fear on a foe applies vulnerability. Deal increased damage to foes inflicted with fear.
- Insidious Disruption — Disabling a foe inflicts torment on them. Disabling includes stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt and fear.
- Terror — Fear you inflict deals damage each second.
- Fear of Death — Your fear effects have increased durations. Inflicting fear generates life force.
- Shivers of Dread — Whenever you inflict fear, you also chill.
- The ring does not pulse its effects, but instead only affects enemies or players passing through. Players cannot repeatedly stack protection, but after the protection expires it can be reapplied by passing through the wall again.
- Fear will be reapplied every time the target walks through the ring (but will not stack)
- This skill is unblockable, goes through blind and is impossible to evade.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| March 05, 2019
- The description and skill facts for this skill have been updated to indicate the amount of life force that is gained when fear is applied to a foe.
| December 11, 2018
- This skill has been renamed Spectral Ring. It now creates a circular ring instead of a line. Its duration has been split between games modes, lasting 8 seconds in PvE and 5 seconds in PvP and WvW. This skill cannot apply fear to the same foe more than once every 1.5 seconds.
| August 08, 2017
|| Path of Fire pre-patch:
- Increased duration from 5 seconds to 6 seconds.
| February 22, 2017
- The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.
| April 19, 2016
- The number of times this skill can be used to attempt to apply fear to an enemy has been capped at 10.
| July 01, 2014
- Updated the fear skill fact to scale correctly with Master of Terror.
| May 20, 2014
- Added an unblockable skill fact.
| June 25, 2013
- Normalized the amount of protection gained to 5 seconds for allies.
- Replaced the vulnerability with a 1-second fear when enemies try to cross the wall.
- Added 4% life force gain on hit.
- Increased the recharge to 45 seconds.
- Reduced the base duration to 5 seconds and 7.5 seconds while traited with Spectral Attunement.
| February 26, 2013
- This skill's combo field will now appear where the wall is instead of on top of the necromancer.
| November 15, 2012
- This skill now applies its recharge at the correct time instead of both during and after casting.
| September 25, 2012
- This skill has been updated to apply the correct amount of vulnerability (10).
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Spectral Wall has been added to the game.