Slay the octovine! (southgate)
Slay the octovine!
- Octovine [South]
- Layers of Slime Protection: 15
- Primary article: Battle in Tarir
- Covered in Slime — The octovine is covered in slime that makes it immune to conditions and damage. A large explosion may remove the slime.
An Exalted Explosive spawns at the start of the room, which slowly moves forward to the octovine and can be supported with additional control effects to push it to the octovine to remove five slime layers per bomb. This can only be done by players using skills with knock back and launch on the explosive (pull also works but is more difficult to use before someone has pushed it past you).
Avoid the vine-covered fields left by the Bonebreakers as they roll around the area. If the explosive passes these fields it will be wrapped in vines, rendering it immobile until its Defiance bar is broken. This bar should be broken with other crowd control effects so the pushes can be reserved for moving the explosive.
Take care to not let enemies hit the explosive themselves; hits will remove stacks of the Ba-Boom effect on the explosive. Losing all stacks will cause it to explode prematurely, heavily damaging allies nearby.
Enchanted Armors cannot interact with the explosive and should focus on protecting with control effects to move the Triggerblossoms away from the players (to the sides), and defeating enemies (in particular any Mordrem Breachers). However if the explosive gets entangled, they can assist in breaking the Defiance bar. Pay special attention to the Elite Mordrem Floppers, as they can pull groups of players and the explosive around, heavily disrupting the event. If an enchanted armor has aggro of these enemies, they should lead them away from the other players and keep them occupied.
Armors should also attempt to keep the Bonebreakers disabled (using Compulsion or Freezing Blast; either instantly stuns them) so that their rolling attack cannot generate entangling vine patches. Both skills instantly break a Bonebreaker's Defiance bar, and recover much faster than the Bonebreakers recover from being stunned. It is possible for a single player to keep both Bonebreakers disabled indefinitely if they time their powers correctly to adjust for animation/activation delays.
- Recommended skills
- Elite Mordrem Flopper
- Elite Mordrem Stomper
- Elite Mordrem Guard Punisher
- Elite Mordrem Guard Stalker
- Elite Mordrem Guard Sniper
- Mordrem Bonebreaker Alpha
- Mordrem Breacher
- Mordrem Guard Punisher
- Mordrem Guard Stalker
- Mordrem Guard Sniper
- Veteran Mordrem Guard Punisher
- Veteran Mordrem Guard Stalker
- Veteran Mordrem Guard Sniper
- When a bomb appears
- Sage Bombmaker: Here's another. Make it count.
- Sage Bombmaker: Here's another bomb. Take it.
- Sage Bombmaker: There's more where that one came from.
- When the Octovine is vulnerable
- Sage Bombmaker: The octovine is vulnerable. Attack now!