Slay the octovine! (southgate)
Slay the octovine!
- Tarir, the Forgotten City
- Event type
- Group event
- Part of
- Battle in Tarir (meta event)
- Preceded by
- Destroy the vines blocking Tarir's south entrance
Slay the octovine! is a level 80 event that occurs near the southgate during the Battle in Tarir (meta event) as part of the Battle in Tarir map meta event.
- Octovine [South]
- Layers of Slime Protection: 15
- Primary article: Battle in Tarir
- Covered in Slime — The octovine is covered in slime that makes it immune to conditions and damage. A large explosion may remove the slime.
An Exalted Explosive spawns at the start and slowly moves towards the octovine, removing five slime layers each time the explosive reaches it. Players can speed this up using skills with knockback and launch on the explosive (pulls also work but require more positioning). A new explosive will spawn again at the start after exploding.
Triggerblossom explosions and hits from specific enemies will remove stacks of the Ba-Boom effect on the explosive. Losing all ten stacks will cause it to explode prematurely, heavily damaging nearby allies and resetting the position of the explosive.
Avoid the vine-covered fields left by the Mordrem Bonebreaker Alphas as they roll around. If the explosive passes these fields it will be wrapped in vines, rendering it immobile until its Defiance bar is broken.
Enchanted Armors cannot push or pull the explosive; they can however assist in breaking the explosive's Defiance bar if it gets entangled. Otherwise, armors should focus on clearing a path for the explosive by moving the Triggerblossoms away and disabling the Mordrem Bonebreaker Alphas by breaking their Defiance bar. Pay special attention to the Elite Mordrem Floppers, as they can pull groups of players and the explosive to it. If an enchanted armor has aggro of these enemies, they should lead and face them away from other players and the explosive. Defiance bars can be broken in one or two hits using a combination of Heavy Weight, Compulsion, or Freezing Blast, with the first two skills used to reposition enemies.
This lane can be substantially difficult with a lack of push and pull skills or poor enemy management. However, the octovine will be vulnerable to damage for twice as long compared to other lanes. Prioritize killing the Mordrem Breacher first then the enemies it spawns to prevent the explosive from getting pulled. Enemies will respawn indefinitely if the Mordrem Breacher remains alive. If the spawned enemies are not killed before the next Mordrem Breacher spawns, it is possible to have multiple sets of enemies present (e.g. four Elite Mordrem Floppers instead of two). Specific bundles can also be used for moving the bomb in addition to the player's push and pull skills.
- Recommended skills
- Elite Mordrem Flopper
- Elite Mordrem Guard Punisher
- Elite Mordrem Guard Sniper
- Mordrem Bonebreaker Alpha
- Mordrem Breacher
- Veteran Mordrem Guard Punisher
- Veteran Mordrem Guard Sniper
- When a bomb appears
- Sage Bombmaker: Here's another. Make it count.
- Sage Bombmaker: Here's another bomb. Take it.
- Sage Bombmaker: There's more where that one came from.
- When the Octovine is vulnerable
- Sage Bombmaker: The octovine is vulnerable. Attack now!
- Auric Basin: Ba-Boom — Participate in the assault on the southern octovine during the Battle in Tarir. (3 )
- Luminate's Backplate: South Tarir Commendation