From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Effect type
- Game link
Lava is an effect players get when standing on environmental lava.“
You are standing in lava.
— In-game description
- Caused by standing on certain environments that look like flowing molten rock.
- Causes damage and Burning every 0.5s seconds.
- Some environments can deal more than one stack.
- Additional stacks do not increase the damage. Instead, the total damage is split between all stacks, and each stack deals its own damage separately.
- The damage caused by this effect is seen in the combat log as self inflicted, reading "You hit yourself for X using Lava".
- Flame's Embrace negates damage from this effect while in the Desert Borderlands.