From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Welcome to Claypool! Might I interest you in a bit of Claypool history?
- Claypool was born out of Princess Salma's victory during the War in Kryta. With the aid of the Seraph, people were able to settle the Talmark Wilderness.
Why did they choose to settle here specifically?
- There used to be a secret river passage that ran through here. One of the Seraph's first missions was to secure the route so that it couldn't be used by smugglers.
How did that help Claypool?
- In two ways. First, the Seraph presence attracted those looking for a safe place to settle. And second, it allowed trade to flow unimpeded.
What sort of trade went on back then?
- Smithing was the big one, both then and now. Though back then it was commonplace to trade armor and weapons for other items instead of money.
- How did Claypool grow after it was settled? (see below)
- Interesting. Good-bye.
- I think I've learned enough for now.
How did Claypool get established?
- The forges and smiths of Claypool were far superior to anything else in the region at the time, and brought many people looking for quality weapons, tools and armor.
What's happened since then?
- The smith is still at the heart of the village, of course. But with the relative peace around us now, we subsist as much on farming and fishing as we do smithing.
- Thank you for your time.
- I changed my mind. I have something else to do.
- No, thanks. I was never very interested in history.