Welcome to the Trading Post.
Sell your unwanted items and find better prices than anywhere else on a wide variety of things. If you don't find exactly the price you want you can post an order and we'll try to find a seller at your price. To get started browse the categories on the left or choose one of the options below.
— In-game description.
The Trading Post (TP) is part of the Black Lion Trading Company panel (default ) that allows players from all worlds to trade with each other. The Trading Post can be considered a physical representation of the Black Lion Trading Company and its functionality within the game. Trades are anonymous and autonomous: players post offers to buy or sell without having to locate a trading partner.
Using the Trading Post
The Trading Post has filtering options and categories (each with subcategories). Search results to be affected immediately to match the search box entry and filters selected. Equipment, skins, dyes, and miniatures can be previewed before purchasing any items.
|Attributes||Profession||Crafting Discipline||Rarity||Level Range||Bag Size|
- Attribute(s) — has input value fields, limiting the search results to the minimum value selected
- Profession — limits search results to items usable by the selected profession, default to the current character's profession
- Crafting Discipline — limits search results to selected discipline, has input value fields, limiting the search results to the minimum value selected
- Rarity — limits search results to selected item rarity
- Level Range — has input value fields (0-80) and a Match My Level option
- Bag Size — has input value fields, limiting the search results to the minimum value selected
- Only Show Available — hides any items that do not have a current seller
Buying and Selling items
|Buying and selling items on the Trading Post|
Players can select the quantity and price per unit for items being bought or sold.
- Buying items
- Place Order — match other current buyers or place a custom buy order. Coins will be held until a seller is found or the transaction is canceled.
- Buy Instantly — purchase from current sell orders based on available volume.
- Selling items
- Sell Instantly — sell to current buy orders based on available demand.
- List This Item — match other current sellers or place a custom listing. Items will be held until a buyer is found or the transaction is canceled.
Only items in the character's inventory are available to be listed. Items in invisible bags are hidden from the search results.
Selling items on the Trading Post requires additional coin fees, based on the total sale price.
- Listing Fee (5%) — This nonrefundable cost covers listing and holding your items for sale. This fee has a minimum of 1 .
- Exchange Fee (10%) — After a successful trade, the item exchange fee is deducted from coins delivered to the seller. This fee has a minimum of 1 .
The Transactions tab shows current and completed transactions. Current transactions can be canceled, sending the item or coins to the delivery box to be picked up (listing fees are not returned).
To pick up items or coin after buying or selling on the Trading Post, players must interact with Black Lion Traders. All items and coin in the delivery box will be picked up in a single click.
List of Black Lion Trading Posts
List of Trading Post consumables
These items summon a Black Lion Delivery Agent.
- Indicates that there are items or coins to be picked up from the Trading Post.
- Although you can only put in buy or sell offers while logged into Guild Wars 2, the transaction can complete even if you are offline.
- You are limited in how many items you can list for sale in a short period of time.
- The maximum number of units you can buy or sell in a single transaction is 250, i.e. a single stack.
- The "items I am selling" view lists only the first 25,000 units you are selling for a single item.
- Entering "I am Evon Gnashblade" into the search box (without quotes) shrinks the display of results, by ignoring the icon size. This effect will persist until you type the phrase into the search box again to toggle it off.
- Trial accounts can not sell items on the trading post.
- For a list of external sites that track historical information (highest buy offer and volume; lowest sell offer and volume), see list of fansites.
- At launch, the trading post experienced severe capacity issues and ArenaNet disabled it from August 25 – September 5, 2012, although it was available intermittently as early as August 29 to a rotating group of randomly-selected players.
- Before the game launched, ArenaNet announced plans for an offline tool to browse, bid, or cancel offers. However, there has been no mention of this idea since the game went live.
- The preview function was added in the Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm update.
- At launch, most of the Trading Post's panels were actually a website embedded into the game using the Awesomium browser; since the September 2014 Feature Pack, it now uses Coherent.