Back items are a category of equipment.
Back items are a type of gear, sharing characteristics of both trinkets and armor. They provide the lowest magnitude of attribute bonuses out of all equipment types, only 65% of an equivalent (same level and rarity) boot, glove, or shoulder armor, the next-lowest equipment types, or 12% of an equivalent two-handed weapon.
- Armor mechanics
- Back items can be damaged or broken and must be repaired.
- They can be transmuted in the wardrobe, although some have no default skin.
- Trinket mechanics
- They can accept jewels as well as universal upgrades.
- Ascended versions can be infused.
- Back item gear slots are grouped with trinket slots in the Hero Panel.
Although back items are not part of a character's starter equipment, they are available beginning at level 1 using any crafting discipline. Unlike most other equipment types, back items are not widely available as loot or on the Trading Post: only a few varieties drop and those with low frequency and only in some explorable-mode dungeons. However, there are several other ways to acquire back items, including the personal and living stories, from various vendors, created in the Mystic Forge, or crafted.
- L80 requirement/Masterwork:
- Guild Armorer (coin)
- Guild Commendation Trader: exotic items sold for 5 plus 5 Guild Commendations
- BUY-4373 in Mistlock Observatory (1,350 Fractal Relics)
- Gem Store back piece covers come bundled with a white quality account-bound back item without stats.
- Karma vendors after the Temple events sell exotic versions for 42,000 per piece.
- Ascalonian Catacombs: Ghostly Spineguard and Ghost Eater's Hide
- Caudecus's Manor: Bandit Spineguard, Spineguard of the North
- Twilight Arbor: Forest Brace and Arbor's Embrace
- Citadel of Flame: Charred Back Warmer
- Crucible of Eternity: Fiber Splice
- The Ruined City of Arah: Risen Spineguard
- Fractals of the Mists: Various back items
- Pvp Reward Tracks
- Halloween 2012:
- Wintersday 2012:
- Flame and Frost: Retribution
- Super Adventure Box
- The Secret of Southsun
- Dragon Bash
- Bazaar of the Four Winds
- Cutthroat Politics
- Super Adventure Box: Back to School
- Tequatl Rising
- Twilight Assault
- Escape From Lion's Arch
- Spinal Blade Pack, which can then be upgraded in the Mystic Forge successively into Twin Spinal Blades, Quad Spinal Blades, Advanced Spinal Blades, and Tempered Spinal Blades. The Tempered version, which is ascended level, could then be colorized with event items into, Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blades, Static Tempered Spinal Blades, or Synergetic Tempered Spinal Blades. The last 4 versions can be infused.
- The Dragon's Reach: Part 1
- The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
All crafted back items are Account Bound.
The following Ascended back items require level 80 to equip and a rating of 500 to craft as an Armorsmith, Leatherworker or Tailor,.
Ascended back items
|Quiver of Swift Flight||Book of Secrets||63||40||40||Berserker||Berserker|
|Bowyer's Delight||Koss on Koss||63||40||40||Soldier||Soldier|
|Sights Be True||Symon's History of Ascalon||40||63||40||Cavalier||Cavalier|
|Endless Quiver||Tome of the Rubicon||40||40||63||Rabid||Rabid|
|Sclerite Karka Shell||40||40||63||Apothecary||Apothecary|
| Quiver of a Thousand Arrows
Tempered Spinal Blades
| There with Yakkington: A Traveler's Tale
Light of Dwayna
Shadow of Grenth
Chaos of Lyssa
Infused back items
- Before the 2013-02-26 game update, back items had an empty line instead of the "Back Item" entry in their descriptions.