- This article is about inventory bags. For loot bags, see bag of loot. For other bags, see container.
A bag is an item that increases the capacity of a character's inventory. They come in a variety of sizes, up to 20 inventory slots, and sometimes have special features.
New characters begin with three bag slots and a Starter Backpack equipped in the first slot. Two bag slots can be obtained by purchasing the Heart of Thorns expansion, and up to three further bag slots can be purchased through the Gem Store on a per-character basis, for a total of eight bag slots per character.
In addition to increasing inventory space, some bags come with special features. There are six varieties:
- Basic — No special properties.
- Craftsman's Bags — Looted crafting material is placed here first as well as salvaged sigils and runes. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted.
- Oiled Packs — Looted junk is placed here first. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted.
- Equipment Boxes — Looted weapons and armor are placed here first. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted.
- Fractal Equipment Boxes further refine this by also filtering by a specific rarity: Masterwork, Rare, or Exotic.
- Siegemaster's Satchel — Looted consumables are placed here first. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted.
- Invisible Bags/Invisible Packs/Safe Boxes — Items in these bags cannot be sold to merchants nor at the Black Lion Trading Company. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted. Using 'Deposit Collectibles' will not affect items inside invisible bags; however, items can still be deposited individually using the right-click menu.
|Various|| Red Leather Bag
Orange Leather Bag
Yellow Leather Bag
Green Leather Bag
Blue Leather Bag
Purple Leather Bag
|Outfitter||Pillager's Pack||18||75 + 1 50|
|Outfitter||Siegemaster's Satchel||18||75 + 1 50|
|Sonder the Seller||Halloween Pail||20||3|
|BUY-4373||20 Slot Fractal Uncommon Equipment Box||20||150 + 10 8|
|BUY-4373||20 Slot Fractal Rare Equipment Box||20||200 + 15 12|
|BUY-4373||20 Slot Fractal Exotic Equipment Box||20||250 + 20 16|
|Outfitter||Pillager's Pack||20||350 + 7|
|Outfitter||Siegemaster's Satchel||20||350 + 7|
These bags are given as rewards for completing various content.
|Level 3 levelling reward||Leather Bag||4|
|Personal story (various)||Leather Bag||4-12|
|Personal story (level 30)||8 Slot Invisible Bag||8|
|100Achievement Chest||Leather Bag||10|
|Level-80 Boost Package||Leather Bag (x4)||15|
|Uncanny Canner||Uncanny Jar||20|
|Bandit Weapons Specialist||Bandit Coin Purse||20|
These bags were given out during specific Living World events, or sold by vendors that have since been removed from the game, and are thus no longer obtainable.
Bags of a wide range of sizes and functionalities can be crafted by Tailors, Leatherworkers, and Armorsmiths. Basic bag recipes are learned automatically upon reaching the appropriate level. Specialty bag recipes must be discovered. Two unique (but basic) bags, Ogre Bag and Wrangler's Bag, are learned via recipe sheet.
Crafted bags require up to three ingredients:
- 10x common crafting material
- 1x Rune of Holding (for bags larger than 8 slots)
- 3x fine crafting material (specialty bags only)
|Slots|| Rune of
|Common Crafting Material (10x)||Fine Crafting Material (3x)|
| Invisible Bag |
|8||None||Jute||Rawhide||Bronze||Bone Chip||Bone Chip||Tiny Scale||Pile of Glittering Dust|
|10||Minor||Wool||Thin||Iron||Bone Chip||Bone Shard||Small Scale||Pile of Shimmering Dust|
|12||Standard||Cotton||Coarse||Steel||Bone Shard||Bone||Scale||Pile of Radiant Dust|
|15||Major||Linen||Rugged||Darksteel||Heavy Bone||Heavy Bone||Smooth Scale||Pile of Luminous Dust|
|18||Greater||Silk||Thick||Mithril||Large Bone||Large Bone||Large Scale||Pile of Incandescent Dust|
|20||Superior||Gossamer||Hardened||Orichalcum||Ancient Bone||Ancient Bone||Armored Scale||Pile of Crystalline Dust|
Full recipe list
- Note that "bag slot" is distinct from "inventory slot" — bag slots determine the number of bags your character may use, whereas inventory slots are the spaces within each bag. Inventory space can only be increased by equipping bags in the bag slots; a bag placed in an inventory slot will not increase inventory capacity.