A Bag is an item that is used to increase the number of items a character can have in their inventory. They come in a variety of sizes (from four to twenty slots) and special features (e.g some will hide items from vendor sell screens). New characters start the game with a Starter Backpack and room for four more bags. Up to three more bag slots can be purchased through the Gem Store, for a total of eight slots (including the Starter Backpack). This article uses bag to refer to any of these equipable storage items, including cloth bags (made by a Tailor), leather packs (Leatherworker), and metal boxes (Armorsmith).
Function and features
All bags fulfill the same basic purpose: they increase the number of items a character can hold in their inventory. There are eight known sizes of bag available, ranging from 4 slots up to 20 slots. Adding different ingredients during the crafting process will result in a different utility in the finished bag.
There are five variations of bag:
- Basic — No special properties
- Craftsman's Bags — Looted crafting material is placed here first. Tailor only. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted.
- Oiled Packs — Looted junk is placed here first. Leatherworker only. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted.
- Equipment Boxes — Looted weapons and armor are placed here first. Armorsmith only. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted.
- Invisible Bags/Safe Boxes — Items in these bags can be sold neither to merchants nor at the Black Lion Trading Company. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted. Using 'Deposit Collectibles' will not affect items inside invisible bags; items individually can still be deposited using the right-click menu.
- 4-5 slot bags: Drops from enemies or chests; purchased from some vendors.
- Bags of various sizes are rewarded during certain personal story missions, these bags are soulbound.
- 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, & 20 slot bags: Crafted by Armorsmiths, Leatherworkers, or Tailors.
- 20-slot bags: Purchased from BUY-4373. These bags prioritize loots with the specific rarity.
- 20-slot bag: Halloween Pail can be purchased from Sonder the Seller.
- A few specific bags have been given out as rewards of achievements.
|Uncanny Canner||Uncanny Jar||20|
|Bandit Weapons Specialist||Bandit Coin Purse||20|
- Bags of various sizes have been given out as rewards during Living World events.
|Shadow of the Mad King||10 Slot Trick-or-Treat Bag||10|
|The Lost Shores||Ancient Karka Shell Box||20|
|Wintersday||15-Slot Gift Box||15|
|Flame and Frost: The Razing||Rox's Treat Bag||12|
- Recipes require 10 of the appropriate crafting resource, and the specialty bags require 3 of the particular fine crafting material.
- Bags with a capacity of 10 slots or higher require a holding rune of the appropriate level.
|Slots|| Rune of
|Common Crafting Material (10x)||Fine Crafting Material (3x)|
| Invisible Bag |
|8||None||Jute||Rawhide||Bronze||Bone Chip||Bone Chip||Tiny Scale||Pile of Glittering Dust|
|10||Minor||Wool||Thin||Iron||Bone Chip||Bone Shard||Small Scale||Pile of Shimmering Dust|
|12||Standard||Cotton||Coarse||Steel||Bone Shard||Bone||Scale||Pile of Radiant Dust|
|15||Major||Linen||Rugged||Darksteel||Heavy Bone||Heavy Bone||Smooth Scale||Pile of Luminous Dust|
|18||Greater||Silk||Thick||Mithril||Large Bone||Large Bone||Large Scale||Pile of Incandescent Dust|
|20||Superior||Gossamer||Hardened||Orichalcum||Ancient Bone||Ancient Bone||Armored Scale||Pile of Crystalline Dust|
These bags can only be crafted by learning special recipes from recipe sheets. They require fewer basic materials but more fine materials than the equivalent standard recipes.