Infusions are a type of upgrade component that go into infusion slots, which can be found on all ascended and legendary equipment except amulets, as well as in a few exotic back items. Infusions are the primary source of agony resistance, which is important to survive the higher levels of Fractals of the Mists (although not all infusions provide agony resistance).
All the infusions from an equipment piece can be removed using an Infusion Extraction Device.
Types of infusions
- Primary article: Agony Infusion
Agony Infusions provide +1 to +30 agony resistance. The +1 version drops in Fractals, and the higher tiers can be created either by crafting them with an Artificer or by trading with INFUZ-5959. Each tier requires two of the previous tier to craft (which makes the higher tiers prohibitively expensive).
These should be your primary source of agony resistance, unless you're using one of the (more expensive) infusions below that offer agony resistance together with extra stats.
- +1 Agony Infusion through to +30
Attribute Infusions provide +5 to one stat as well as +5, +7 or +9 agony resistance. They can be obtained from INFUZ-5959. The same vendor can also upgrade these infusions from +5 to +7 to +9.
- Mighty +5 Agony Infusion
- Precise +5 Agony Infusion
- Malign +5 Agony Infusion
- Vital +5 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +5 Agony Infusion
- Healing +5 Agony Infusion
- Mighty +7 Agony Infusion
- Precise +7 Agony Infusion
- Malign +7 Agony Infusion
- Vital +7 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +7 Agony Infusion
- Healing +7 Agony Infusion
- Mighty +9 Agony Infusion
- Precise +9 Agony Infusion
- Malign +9 Agony Infusion
- Vital +9 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +9 Agony Infusion
- Healing +9 Agony Infusion
Ghostly Infusions provide +5 to one stat and +9 agony resistance. Obtained from raids, either as a random drop from Gorseval or purchased from Scholar Glenna with Magnetite Shards after defeating Gorseval.
- Ghostly Infusion (Condition Damage)
- Ghostly Infusion (Healing)
- Ghostly Infusion (Vitality)
- Ghostly Infusion (Power)
- Ghostly Infusion (Precision)
- Ghostly Infusion (Toughness)
Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusion
Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusions provide +5 to one stat and +9 agony resistance. Obtained from completing certain Super Adventure Box achievements.
Basic Infusions provide +4 to one stat, but no agony resistance. They are purchased from Laurel merchants in PvE or PvP for 5 .
WvW InfusionWvW Infusions provide +5 to one stat and +1% damage dealt to (or received from, depending on the infusion) WvW guards. They are purchased from Laurel merchants in WvW for 5 + , or from a Battle Historian for 50 WvW Claim tickets
- Mighty WvW Infusion
- Precise WvW Infusion
- Malign WvW Infusion
- Vital WvW Infusion
- Resilient WvW Infusion
- Healing WvW Infusion
Simple infusions provide +3, +5 or +7 agony resistance. These infusions were purchasable for Fractal Relics, but are no longer obtainable. Existing copies of +5 and +7 can be refunded for 75 and 150 relics respectively at INFUZ-5959.
- Infusions are lost when upgrading ascended items in the Mystic Forge, since the original item is consumed in the crafting process. Make sure to use an Infusion Extraction Device before you do so.
- In Guild Wars, infusion was the process of imbuing armor pieces with magic to protect against the mursaat's Spectral Agony.
- Prior to the July 26, 2016 update, there were 5 infusion types: offensive, defensive, utility, versatile (omni), and agony. Versatile infusions could be placed in non-agony infusion slots. The update simplified the types to Infusions (offensive, defensive, versatile, and agony) and Enrichments (utility).
- The Versatile Bounteous Infusion is an unimplemented infusion that appears in the API.