Infusions are a type of upgrade component that go into infusion slots, which can be found on all ascended and legendary equipment except amulets, as well as in a few exotic back items. Infusions are the primary source of agony resistance, which is important to survive the higher levels of Fractals of the Mists (although not all infusions provide agony resistance).
All the infusions from an equipment piece can be removed using an Infusion Extraction Device.
- Primary article: Agony Infusion
Agony Infusions provide between +1 and +30 Agony Resistance. They can be found as loot in Fractals of the Mists, with the +1 version being the most common. Agony Infusions can be upgraded either by crafting by an artificer or by trading with INFUZ-5959. Each tier requires two of the previous tier to craft, which makes the highest tiers prohibitively expensive.
These should be your primary source of agony resistance, unless you're using one of the (more expensive) infusions below that offer agony resistance together with extra stats.
- +1 Agony Infusion through to +30
Alternatively, there exist Simple Infusions which provide +3, +5, or +7 Agony Resistance, but which can not be upgraded. +5 and +7 versions were purchasable for Fractal Relics, but are no longer available, and can be refunded for 75 and 150 relics respectively at INFUZ-5959.
Attribute Agony Infusion
Attribute Agony Infusions provide +5 Power, Precision, Toughness, Vitality, Condition Damage, or Healing Power, and +5, +7 or +9 Agony Resistance. They can be obtained from INFUZ-5959. The same vendor can also upgrade these infusions from +5 to +7 to +9.
- Mighty +5 Agony Infusion
- Precise +5 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +5 Agony Infusion
- Vital +5 Agony Infusion
- Malign +5 Agony Infusion
- Healing +5 Agony Infusion
- Mighty +7 Agony Infusion
- Precise +7 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +7 Agony Infusion
- Vital +7 Agony Infusion
- Malign +7 Agony Infusion
- Healing +7 Agony Infusion
- Mighty +9 Agony Infusion
- Precise +9 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +9 Agony Infusion
- Vital +9 Agony Infusion
- Malign +9 Agony Infusion
- Healing +9 Agony Infusion
Variations of the +9 versions are also available from alternative sources, upgraded with additional cosmetic-only effects.
- Ghostly Infusion - Loot from Gorseval the Multifarious, or purchased from Scholar Glenna after having defeating Gorseval at least once.
- Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusion: Blue - Complete The King Toad collection.
- Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusion: Red - Complete The Storm Wizard collection.
- Phospholuminescent Infusion - Loot from Trick-or-Treat Bags.
- Winter's Heart Infusion - Loot from Wintersday Gifts.
Attribute WvW InfusionThere are two versions of Attribute WvW Infusions, Offensive and Defensive. Both are purchased from WvW Laurel Merchants for 5 + , or from a Battle Historian for .
Offensive versions provide +5 Power, Precision, or Condition Damage, and +1% Damage to Guards, Lords, and Supervisors.
Defensive versions provide +5 Toughness, Vitality, or Healing Power, and -1% Damage taken from Guards, Lords, and Supervisors.
- Infusions are lost when upgrading ascended items in the Mystic Forge, since the original item is consumed in the crafting process. Make sure to use an Infusion Extraction Device before you do so.
- In Guild Wars, infusion was the process of imbuing armor pieces with magic to protect against the mursaat's Spectral Agony.
- Prior to the July 26, 2016 update, there were 5 infusion types: offensive, defensive, utility, versatile (omni), and agony. Versatile infusions could be placed in non-agony infusion slots. The update simplified the types to Infusions (offensive, defensive, versatile, and agony) and Enrichments (utility).
- The Versatile Bounteous Infusion is an unimplemented infusion that appears in the API.