The inventory (default hotkey equipment carried by a character, as well as their supply of gems, karma, laurels, and coin. Each character starts with a Starter Backpack which offers 20 slots. This space can be expanded by adding up to seven additional containers, three of which require purchasing the Unlock Bag Slot upgrade from the Gem Store.) is a panel which displays all the unequipped items and
- The bottom-left of the panel shows your character's karma meter, gems and laurels; the bottom right, the amount of coin (gold, silver, and copper).
- Bags can be opened or closed to simplify navigation.
- You can use the search field to look for particular items.
 Options Button
The Options button reveals three choices:
- Deposit All Collectibles - Instantly transfer any items that can be used in crafting into the storage area that becomes visible when you enter a crafting area.
- Compact - Move all items to the first available space in inventory (this does not sort or combine stacks of like-items).
- Show / Hide Bags - Present the storage area as individual containers, or combine all slots into a single group.
 Transferring items
To transfer an item from inventory, right-click it:
- Transfer to another player: choose the mail option. (Alternatively, open the messaging system directly, compose a letter, and click on the inventory slots at the bottom to be able to choose any item from inventory.)
- Offer it for sale at the Trading Post.
- Move materials to your material tab in the Bank.
Stackable items can stack up to 250 per inventory slot. Most crafting materials, junk, and packages are stackable items. To split a stacked item into two piles,+ and drag the item to an empty inventory space. A window will prompt you to enter the quantity for the new stack.
The inventory has a search function to filter items, similar to the bank. The search term will match any item names containing the term. Players may also search by rarity or item type. You cannot search for common rarity items. For example, the "salvage item" will filter all salvage items.
Every bag offers additional storage space (from four to twenty extra slots). Bags may be purchased from vendors, found as drops, obtained as storyline rewards, or crafted by any of the armor-making disciplines: Armorsmith, Leatherworking, or Tailoring.
 Types of bags
- Primary article: Bag
Some bags offer special features:
- Craftsman's Bags: newly found crafting materials are placed here first.
- Invisible: items in the bag never appear in a sell-to-vendor list; they are not affected by inventory sorting.
- Oiled Leather Pack: newly found junk is placed here first.
- Equipment Box: newly found weapons and armor are placed here first.
- You cannot equip items during combat.
- Player may have a total of 8 Bag slots including the "Starter Backpack"