Black Lion Trading Company
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
graphical user interface menu bar element that provides a central access point to the economic portion of the game. The Black Lion Trading Company is also an organization within the game and can be found at Black Lion Trading Company HQ in Lion's Arch. The Black Lion Trading Company uses a golden lion for their emblem and is run by a charr named Evon Gnashblade.
- Gem Store: Buy items with gems
- Buy Gems — used to purchase gems with real-world money.
- Redeem Code — used to enter a gem card code purchased from various retailers.
- Currency Exchange: Exchange gems and coins
- Trading Post: Buy and sell items for coin
- Indicates that there are items or coins to be picked up from the Trading Post.
- The Trading Post tab will also be opened with:
- The Gem Store tab will also be opened with:
- The name is derived from Lion's Arch and Blacktide Den; a corsair outpost from the original Guild Wars.
- The Lion's Arch's-based firm officially took over operation of the Gem Store, Currency Exchange, and Trading Post on Friday, June 8, at noon PDT (UTC-7) 2012 when BWE2 launched.
- The Black Lion panel received a major overhaul in both design and performance in the September 2014 Feature Pack.
- ^ , Emily Orange talking about how she named a group of merchants called Black Lion Trading Company during a make-a-wish trip to ArenaNet
- ^ The Big Beta Weekend Preview, an ArenaNet blog post (archive.org link)