When Distortion ends, gain a random boon. When disabled, instantly recharge Distortion if it is not recharged.
Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Protection (3s): -33% Incoming Damage
- Regen (3s): 390 Heal
- Vigor (3s): 50% Endurance Regeneration
— In-game description
For a detailed trait history, see here.
| December 11, 2018
- This trait has been renamed Auspicious Anguish. It now causes the skill Distortion to instantly recharge when the mesmer is affected by a control effect. It also causes the distortion effect to grant a random boon when it ends. The cooldown of this trait is 50 seconds.
| March 27, 2018
- Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
- Added taunt to the list of crowd-control effects that trigger this trait.
| May 20, 2014
- Updated the description of this trait to indicate "pull" in the list of triggers.
- Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working under water.
| December 10, 2013
- Reduced the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
| October 22, 2012
- This trait no longer functions on necromancers when they have Reaper's Protection active.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Mirror of Anguish has been added to the game.