The Kusini Crossing is an area in the southern Crystal Oasis. One of multiple refugee outposts in the Crystal Oasis is located here. There is also a large, heavily guarded djinn sanctum hidden away behind canyons and cliffs to the east.
Locations and objectives
- Mastery Insights
- Crystal Oasis Insight: Sanctum of Nabkha
- Sanctum of Nabkha
- Defeat the champion bounty (80) [Group Event]
- Escort refugees from the Temple of Kormir to the southern way station (80)
- Gather wood for the fire for a Karma boost (80)
- Gather wood for the fire for a Magic Find boost (80)
- Gather wood for the fire for an Experience boost (80)
- Help Olaf recover buried artifacts (80)
- Help the emboldened refugees reach the oasis settlement (80)
- See the refugees safely through to Amnoon (80)
- Priest of Kormir
- Priestess of Kormir
- Priory Historian Elisa (Possible location, weekly cycle)
- Trader Dabir
- At the Kusini Water Hole
- Refugee: (groan) Why can't I see things for what they are?
- Priest of Kormir: You were bitten by an iboga. You need to lie still.
- Refugee: Who are you? Why is everything like mist on mists?
- Priest of Kormir: I'm a priest of Kormir. You're safe here with me.
- Priest of Kormir: These effects, what you're seeing and experiencing, will pass.
- Refugee: I'm in a kingdom of sand, and everything is sinking under me.
- Priest of Kormir: That sounds upsetting, but I'm here to see you through this.
- Refugee: It's all winding down. (moan) All the gears are stripped from the clockwork of the world.
- Priest of Kormir: Don't be afraid. Kormir knows you're lost in this dark place and she'll point your way back to us.
- Trader (1): So last night the Hamaseen seized two of my dolyaks.
- Trader (2): Are you going to bother reporting it to the cavaliers?
- Trader (2): (snort) Most of them are on the take. I don't want my throat slit while I sleep.
- Trader (1): We're taxed to pay those peacekeepers, and then the Hamaseen collect their own protection money. Still no one protects us.
- Trader (2): We're all alone out here. I trust no one else to look out for me.
- Trader (1): No even me?
- Trader (2): (chuckle) Kormir knows I'd be a fool to trust you.
- Trader (1): While you were at the marketplace, you missed the Mordant Crescent squad that passed through here.
- Trader (2): I'm not sorry I missed them. Were they hunting some poor Sunspear?
- Trader (1): I don't think so; not this time. I heard the archon with them boasting about being invited to Amnoon by the council.
- Trader (2): That doesn't sound good at all. As if we don't have enough problems, dealing with the Branded and the Forged...
- Trader (1): What if that's what this is about? With the cavaliers stretched so thin, maybe Amnoon's asking King Joko to send troops.
- Trader (1): Imagine having to submit to inspection by the Awakened, every time we pass through the gates of Amnoon.
- Trader (2): (shudder) I've never been so glad for my lack of imagination.
- Refugee (1): Balthazar was one of the gods that brought us to this world. He's the master of warfare. His cause has to be true.
- Refugee (2): True cause or not, everyone we know has been collateral damage in his path.
- Refugee (1): When we get there, just come with me and talk to the Zaishen.
- Refugee (2): You'd throw in with mortal followers of a god who obviously cares nothing for mortals?
- Refugee (1): It's our only chance. If we pledge ourselves to help him, Balthazar will preserve and reward us.
- Refugee (2): Those people are fools, and you're a fool if you'd join them after everything we've been through.
- Refugee (1): I just want to see us survive all of this.
- Refugee (1): Can you believe we've made it this far?
- Refugee (2): I told you, brother. Kormir knows our troubles and guides us to safety.
- Refugee (1): Forgive me for doubting you.
- Refugee (2): (laugh) All is forgiven. We begin our new lives soon.
- Refugee (2): Imagine it: the free city of Amnoon at last.
- Refugee (1): We can find work...and save to build that casino you're always talking about.
- Refugee (2): Everyone will know our names.
- Fisher: They're all going to be amazed by my haul of fish at the market tonight.
- Fisher: (chuckle) Got to be patient. Good fortune is coming my way.
- Fisher: (sigh) Nothing yet.
- Fisher: Today's the day. I'm finally going to catch old Nanshe.
- Fisher: Hear that, dirty old fish? You're coming ashore today.
- Villager: Have to be quick with this water.
- Villager: Just hope it's enough.
- Bleached Bones
- Glorious Branded Chest
- Glorious Chest of Joko
- Glorious Elonian Chest
- Forgotten Chest
- Lost Chest
- Runeforger's Chest
- Unlit Torch
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore
- Ancient Sapling
- Cluster of Desert Herbs
- Desert Vegetables
- Using a Torch to light the 10 Unlit Torches will cause a Forgotten Chest to spawn at the southern end, at the pedestal. The torches will extinguish themselves after a few minutes.
- Kusini means 'south' in Swahili.