User:Noxx/Mystic Forge/Single Page
The Mystic Forge is a crafting station located in the heart of the Lion's Arch Mystic Plaza near the Trader's Forum waypoint, within the Heart of the Mists, and within each Borderlands' garrison and Stonemist Castle in World versus World. It can also be accessed with Mystic Forge Conduits and Mystic Forge Nodes from anywhere in the world.
This strange object holds the imprisoned djinn Zommoros, who hails from distant Elona. If you offer him the proper gifts, he will create new items for you. Talk to Miyani, located next to the forge, to learn more about Zommoros and the operation of the forge. She sells mystic recipes for coin and mystic items for skill points that are used in crafting items specific to the forge.
The mystic forge has various uses, ranging from transmuting weapons to higher level versions to the crafting of legendary weapons. It plays an important function in moderating the economy - when lower ranked items become too cheap, the expected returns encourages the consumption of common items to produce rarer ones.
- 1 Crafting
- 1.1 Materials
- 1.2 Equipment
- 1.3 Other items
- 1.4 PvP items
- 2 Notes
The mystic forge is a special crafting station that can be used by all characters. Recipes in the mystic forge always require four ingredients. Recipes can be discovered in a similar fashion to crafting professions, but there is no tab to record them. Generic recipes will show all other equipment of the same rarity as valid in terms of the discovery.
Generic recipes typically require four pieces of equipment of the same rarity and will create a random piece of equipment of that rarity whose level is 5-12 levels higher with a chance that the item will be promoted in rarity. If four pieces of equipment of the same type and rarity are used, the equipment received will be of the same type in addition to normal function. This serves as a way to obtain high level versions of a certain piece of equipment. The forge can also be used to transmute crafting materials, dyes, and blueprints among other items.
Crafting material conversion
- Upgrading common or fine materials from tier 5 to tier 6 has a lower yield than all other tiers.
- Silver cannot be created from copper and gold cannot be created from iron, but platinum can be created from both iron (with 2 Philosopher's Stones and 5 Piles of Radiant Dust) and gold (4 Stones and 5 Piles of Luminous Dust).
- Using the recipe for Mystic Clover results in one of the following drops (multiply by 10 for the 10-clover recipe): 1 Mystic Clover, 1-21 random refined tier 6 common materials, 2-4 tier 6 fine materials, 1 tier 5 rare material, 2 Crystals, 2 Obsidian Shards, 2 Globs of Ectoplasm, 5 Mystic Coins or 1 Hidden Treasure.
Legendary gifts, vials and statues
- Primary article: Legendary weapon#Gifts and Statues
- Primary article: Legendary weapon
These recipes are based on following the patterns of recipes above and the fact that the forge will accept the listed combination of items. They have not been verified as accurate.
|Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|1 Eldritch Scroll||100 Mystic Coin||250 Glob of Ectoplasm||250 Orichalcum Trident Head|
|Item created||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|Mystic Salvage Kit||3 Mystic Forge Stones||1 Fine Salvage Kit
|1 Journeyman's Salvage Kit
|1 Master's Salvage Kit|
These recipes don't give you the respective items, instead they give a Recipe item to learn in the appropriate crafting discipline.
|Recipe created||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|Armor box / satchel||1 crafted chest armor||x Bottles of Elonian Wine||x Crystals||x Mystic Coins|
|Food tray / feast||1 cooking meal
(Initiate or higher)
|x Bottles of Elonian Wine||x Crystals||x Mystic Coins|
- The amount of ingredients required depends on the tier of the item.
- Armor boxes/satchels give you the entire set of armor. They cost the same materials to create as crafting the individual pieces would.
- Food trays/feasts give you an item to place in the world and whoever interacts with it gets the food buff. They cost 10 pieces of the food to create.
Upgraded siege weapon blueprints
|Blueprint created||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|Omega Siege Golem Blueprints||5 Alpha Siege Golem Blueprints||3 Siege Master's Guides||10 Mithril Ores||10 Elder Wood Logs|
|Superior Arrow Cart Blueprints||2 Arrow Cart Blueprints||1 Siege Master's Guide||5 Mithril Ores||5 Elder Wood Logs|
|Superior Ballista Blueprints||2 Ballista Blueprints||1 Siege Master's Guide||5 Mithril Ores||5 Elder Wood Logs|
|Superior Catapult Blueprints||2 Catapult Blueprints||1 Siege Master's Guide||5 Mithril Ores||5 Elder Wood Logs|
|Superior Flame Ram Blueprints||2 Flame Ram Blueprints||1 Siege Master's Guide||5 Mithril Ores||5 Elder Wood Logs|
|Superior Trebuchet Blueprints||2 Trebuchet Blueprints||1 Siege Master's Guide||10 Mithril Ores||10 Elder Wood Logs|
|Miniature created||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|Mini Toy Ventari||1 Ventari Frame||250 Mystical Cogs||250 Wads of Enchanted Stuffing||250 Drops of Magic Glue|
|Mini Princess Doll||1 Princess Doll Frame||250 Mystical Cogs||250 Wads of Enchanted Stuffing||250 Drops of Magic Glue|
|Mini Toy Soldier||1 Toy Soldier Frame||250 Mystical Cogs||250 Wads of Enchanted Stuffing||250 Drops of Magic Glue|
|Mini Plush Griffon||1 Plush Griffon Frame||250 Mystical Cogs||250 Wads of Enchanted Stuffing||250 Drops of Magic Glue|
|Mini Toy Golem||1 Toy Golem Frame||250 Mystical Cogs||250 Wads of Enchanted Stuffing||250 Drops of Magic Glue|
|Mini Foostivoo the Merry||Any combination of 3 miniatures from Wintersday Mystery Boxes:
Mini Snowman, Mini Festive Golem, or Mini Infinirarium
|50 Wads of Enchanted Stuffing|
- Primary article: Tonic
When PvP rewards are salvaged using a PvP Salvage Kit, they are turned into PvP crafting materials, such as arcane powders, arcane crystals and tokens. The tokens all have different ranks (i.e. rabbit, deer, tournament, etc.) and generally the higher the token's rank, the more imposing the item forged.
To create an item you need an item token (available from a glory vendor), a rank token (Rabbit, Deer, etc.), an arcane token (crystal, orb, sliver, etc.) and some arcane powders. The combination of rank token and arcane token determines the rarity of the item.
- Research into valid recipes and their results can be found at "Mystic Forge/Research".
- Mystic Chest used to be made in the Mystic Forge but the recipe has since been removed.
- There is roughly a 20% chance to create a random higher rarity dye, rune or mini-pet by respectively combining four dyes, runes, sigils, or mini-pets.
- The forge will accept more than one of the same item if you split the stack.