The Second Vision
The Second Vision
EventsDefeat the vision of Trahearne.
- Remnant of a scholar
After entering the instance you can talk to Ridhais for some background information.
When you interact with the Vision Crystal, you experience a vision of Trahearne, the second bearer of Caladbolg. First you engage a fight with the Remnant of a Scholar (the darker side of Trahearne). After defeating him and talking to Trahearne, you have a second fight, this time with Trahearne in his "normal" form.
After winning the two fights the vision will end and you can talk to Ridhais for some final thoughts or just leave the instance.
Talking to Ridhais:
- Ridhais: Firstborn Trahearne was a living legend, the first among the Firstborn. He did not die here, but this is where Caladbolg's memory resonates.
If it's like the first ritual, I'll have to prove myself in a fight.
- Fighting against Marshall Trahearne... He was a formidable necromancer even before being granted Caladbolg. You're braver than I gave you credit for.
- Thanks for the vote of confidence.
I found Trahearne at the heart of Mordremoth's lair. Why is Caladbolg drawn here?
- Caladbolg does not see the world as we do. It could be that this region was its last battle before being broken, or it recalls a particularly strong connection with Marshall Trahearne.
- Or maybe it brought us here for some reason of its own.
- I'm ready.
Upon engaging the Remnant of a Scholar:
- The scholar dreamt of a land reclaimed from the dragon's touch.
- "I must learn how to fight it," the scholar thought, and sought knowledge.
- But all the scholar found was despair at the impossible task.
- Perhaps from the beginning, it was indeed simply a dream.
Talking to Trahearne:
- Trahearne: Commander, this isn't quite the battlefield I last remember.
We're in part of the Dream, as Caladbolg saw the battle.
- Caladbolg's own memory... We've traveled many strange lands, haven't we? But tell me, what of the Pact? What of Mordremoth?
Mordremoth was defeated, by my hand and yours. You...sacrificed yourself to save us all.
- Thank the Pale Tree. I felt such a terrible fear, to see my kin in the thrall of that monster. But my belief in you was never misplaced. Thank you for carrying our fight against the dragon to the finish.
You're taking the news of your death well.
- It's certainly disquieting. If it was the price to defeat Mordremoth, however, I pay it gladly. That makes this an unusual meeting, though. What troubles you?
Caladbolg was damaged in the fight with Mordremoth. To heal it, I need to attune to it.
- I can think of none better to carry Caladbolg in my stead. But, I expect that sentiment alone won't suffice.
If the pattern holds, I need to show my worth in a fight.
- You know, Commander, I have sometimes wondered at the outcome of a sparring match. Shall we?
- Ready when you are, Marshal.
Talking to Trahearne after the sparring match:
- Trahearne: Haaa... That conviction on the battlefield is why I've never doubted the outcome of a mission you take on.
You're wasted on desk work yourself.
- It was good to see you again, <character name>, even like this. Take up Caladbolg, and protect this world.
- Rest easy, Trahearne—I'll take it from here.
Talking to Ridhais after the vision:
- Ridhais: Caladbolg is resonating with you, and its strength is returning. Did you see Trahearne in the vision?
Yes, though it was just a memory of him.
- I see... Well, you've proven yourself for a second time. You should be fully attuned now; all that's left is to finish restoring the blade.
- Let's discuss the next step back at my home.
- For now, I'm going to recover. I'll meet you back at my home.