What good is power when it's afforded to you by an evil master? What good is an army when you're standing against love, honor, and loyalty?
Riannoc (1302 to ≈1303/1304 AE) was a firstborn sylvari, and the first sylvari to die. He is described as being "valiant as the shining sun" by the Pale Tree. He was idealistic and direct, having no fear of death or even a real understanding of what fear is, due to the Dream being so young. Riannoc's Wyld Hunt was to face Mazdak the Accursed, for which he was given Caladbolg. He traveled north alone to face Mazdak despite the warnings of Trahearne, stating that Mazdak was too great a threat to leave unchallenged.
While in the north, Riannoc met a young human boy named Waine and took him as a squire. He sought to confront Mazdak and his army of Risen in Lychcroft Mere with Waine at his side. However, Waine was too scared to fight with Riannoc. When exhausted by Mazdak's overwhelming Risen, Waine took Caladbolg and left, leaving Riannoc defenseless when Mazdak himself finally showed up.
When Riannoc's death was discovered, it was felt deeply by the sylvari, described by Caithe as being "like a part of the Dream was torn away". The Pale Tree says it was as though "the sun dimmed, and the Dream wept."
- Chapter 3: Justice for Riannoc
- Firstborn Knight
- Daybreak Blade - Slash your foe once, then again on the backswing.
- Flashing Arc - Medium range sword attack.
- Skyfall - Smash your foe, knocking them down.
- Maelstrom Strike - Thrash foes around himself in a spinning frenzy while flinging projectiles.
- Mighty Impact -
- Vortex Corona -
- Sunlit Blades -
- Swift Strike -
- Stolen skills
- Sword Arc - Basic melee attack.
- Sword of Wrath - Strikes the target with a flurry of blows
- Banish, teleport to them. Mighty Blow - Damage nearby foes with a mighty ground slam. If your target has been struck by
- projectiles. Zealot's Defense - Block ranged attacks while casting magical
- Ward. Create a ring around you that foes cannot cross. Trapped foes cannot exit the ring while it is active. Ring of Warding -
- Prepare yourself.