July 30, 2019
- July 17, 2019
- July 31, 2019
Late Notes - July 30, 2019
- New Faction Provisioners have arrived in the major cities, and they are seeking additional components and materials. Several items they offer have had their prices reduced.
- Preparation Skills: Fixed some issues that caused preparation skills to behave inconsistently when players mounted and dismounted.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Faction Provisioners in the Heart of Maguuma also now accept additional materials.
- Bloodbound weapons have been reduced to , and the Bloodbound Adjuster has been reduced to .
Update - July 30, 2019
Festival of the Four Winds
On behalf of Queen Jennah of Kryta and the Captain's Council of Lion's Arch, you are cordially invited to participate in the return of the Festival of the Four Winds!
High atop the Labyrinthine Cliffs, our Zephyrite friends have been working in tandem with Lion's Arch to host an incredible variety of fun vendors and events to entertain visitors from all across Tyria. This celebration of unity and peace between our cultures is more important than ever before, and we hope that you will join us in the festivities.
In this spirit of cooperation, Queen Jennah has personally overseen the reopening of the Crown Pavilion, featuring a variety of challenges for Tyria's finest to test their mettle!
Transportation to the festivities couldn't be easier! Special hot air balloons are now stationed in each nation's capital city. Visitors can also sail directly from the ship from Lion's Arch.
We look forward to seeing you at the festival!
- The Zephyrite bazaar has returned to the Labyrinthine Cliffs! Visitors to the Labyrinthine Cliffs can try their hand at many festival activities, including adventures, races, and scavenger hunts:
- Show your skill with the Zephyrite crystals in the Flying Dolyak race!
- Enjoy the sights of the sea in the bay-spanning Skimmer Slalom race!
- Team up with your friends to plunder lost treasure in the Treasure Hunt meta-event!
- Scramble to set a high score in the Crystal Collection adventure!
- Demonstrate your aviation ability in two griffon adventures!
- Compete to take the lead in the Sanctum Sprint activity!
- Challenge the competition with unique Zephyrite skills in the returning Aspect Arena!
- Leap across the Labyrinthine Cliffs to recover Zephyrite crystals and discover the fate of the bazaar's fallen star, Kookoochoo the Incredulous!
- Trade materials with the Zephyrites for a new Zephyrite Supply Box containing a wide variety of possible items, including exceptionally rare skins and equipment from distant lands.
- For combat-inclined festivalgoers, the Crown Pavilion has reopened in Divinity's Reach. Challenge re-creations of humanity's greatest foes, legendary champions, and notorious figures!
- The renowned Boss Blitz returns! Organize your companions to challenge six legendary foes—they'll gain strength as other bosses fall, so plan your battle carefully!
- Adventurers yearning to show their skills at a solo challenge, rejoice! The Queen's Gauntlet has been reopened!
- Between blitzes, blow off some steam in the most hazardous festival race since Halloween: the infamous Pavilion Pursuit!
- New updates and prizes this year include:
- Annual achievements have been added to the Festival of Four Winds[sic]. Complete the annual Four Winds Customs meta-achievement to earn a splendid new backpack!
- The Flying Dolyak race, Skimmer Slalom race, and Pavilion Pursuit races have been overhauled with associated adventures and more responsive checkpoints. Race for the fastest time and earn bonus daily rewards!
- Bosses in the Boss Blitz group event have been rebalanced. Their maximum health amounts have been reduced, and they now have unique defiance bars that give boons to players fighting the other bosses when their defiance bars are broken.
- Five new weapons have been added to the Zephyrite weapon set.
- Eleven new weapons have been added to the Divine Sovereign weapon set.
- New guild hall decorations based on the Zephyrite style can now be crafted for your guild hall.
- Markers have been added to mount rental vendors to make them easier to find.
- Whistles are now included in your mount rental, making it easier to resummon them after dismounting.
- A new weekly vendor has been added, trading limited supplies of rare goods for Festival Tokens.
- Numerous bugs and glitches have been fixed to ensure a safer and more pleasant festival for all participants.
- Complete festival daily achievements to earn the Four Winds Zephyr daily achievement, contributing to the Four Winds Gale achievement that rewards your choice of weapons based on Zephyrite crafts!
- Earn Festival Tokens and Favors of the Festival throughout the festival events to trade for exciting prizes, including Zephyrite backpacks, the illustrious Sovereign weapon set, and items based on the latest wonder of the Crown Pavilion—the Watchknight Mk II.
- Zephyrite Kite Baskets have been scattered across Tyria. Open them to claim prizes from the Zephyrite stockpiles.
- The Festival of the Four Winds will be available for three weeks, from July 30 until August 20. Enjoy the festivities!
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the Choya Pinata from dropping Crystal Oasis: Hero's Choice Chests.
- Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs in Lion's Arch has some new information about unlocking legendary runes and sigils.
- Grandmaster crafters in Lion's Arch are working to unlock Legendary Runes and Sigils by offering Satchels of Loot to citizens who donate repeatedly to the cause.
- Bolstered Elements: Fixed a bug that could cause this trait to stop granting stability after Lesser Stone Resonance was cast.
- Spectrum Shield: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from properly listing its damage reduction amount.
- Laser's Edge: Increased the maximum damage from 15% to 25% in PvE only.
- Glass Cannon: Increased the damage bonus from 5% to 7%.
- Wall of Reflection: This skill now uses different effects depending on whether the caster is an enemy or an ally.
- Purging Flames: This skill now uses different effects depending on whether the caster is an enemy or an ally.
- Portal: This skill now uses different effects depending on whether the caster is an enemy or an ally.
- Time Warp: This skill now uses different effects depending on whether the caster is an enemy or an ally.
- Mantra of Distraction: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from reducing the recharge of Time Sink.
- Scourge Shades: Shades now use different effects depending on whether the caster is an enemy or an ally.
- Plaguelands: This skill now uses different effects depending on whether the caster is an enemy or an ally.
Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store
New Items and Promotions
- The new Gallant Lightbearer Raptor Skin is now available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 2,000 gems.
- The new Zephyrite Paraglider is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems.
- For a limited time, the Storm Gloves and the Zephyrite Aspect Helm Pack return to the Style category of the Gem Store for 500 gems each.
Black Lion Chest
- The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Zephyr Sanctum Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- The Gnashblade Zephyrite Supply Box has been updated and is returning as the guaranteed item.
- The new Gallant Lightbearer Raptor Skin is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The new Starborn Outfit is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Soaring weapon set and Fused weapon set are available as uncommon and rare drops respectively for the duration of this chest.
- Unused versions of the Glyph of Flight and the Glyph of Industry are available as rare drops for the duration of this chest.
- The Self-Style Hair Kit and the Total Makeover Kit are no longer available as drops in the Black Lion Chest.
- The items available in exchange for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuette itself or at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
- A new collection of hats has been made available for redemption.
- The exclusive Storm Dagger, Exalted Shoulders, and Exalted Gloves have been added.
- Additional item updates include the Mini Blue Skimmer Pup, Magitech Medium Armor Skin, Phoenix Light Armor Skin, Braham's Heavy Armor Skin, and the Reap-r-Tron, Log-r-Tron, and Mine-r-Tron gathering tools.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Build: 98,248
- All equipment items gained a "Customize" option in their right-click menu, allowing to change stats (for stat-selectable items) and swap upgrades all in a single window.