Uprooting the Iron Marches
Uprooting the Iron Marches
- Investigate the Mordrem presence in the Iron Marches.
- Investigate the reports of Mordrem around Monger's Sink.
- Talk to Sabinus Reignfire.
- Help the charr incinerate Mordrem invaders.
- Talk to Aelius Rendblood.
- The Legions need Mordrem samples to study.
- Talk to Brutus Rendflesh.
- Help Taccius Stormbane.
- Talk to Taccius Stormbane.
- A Mordrem wolf is rampaging through the Iron Marches.
- Inform Sabinus about the Mordrem.
- Check your mail for "Phlunt is Here".
Talk with Sabinus Reignfire, and he will direct you to assist some other charr in the Iron Marches. Talk to each charr, and as you complete the indicated dynamic event, the quest will update directing you to another charr. Once you have spoken to all the charr and participated in their events, return to Sabinus for a summary. Finally, you'll receive an email from Taimi. Read it to complete this chapter.
Events needed to complete the step (in order):
- Defeat the Gravelash and its cluster of tendrils
- Coat yourself in Mordrem spores to baffle Mordrem defenses and gather samples from the vine chambers
- Rescue the captured workers
- Stop Mordrem from spreading corrupted tendrils in the Iron Marches
- Jungle Tendril
- Jungle Tendril (Gravelash)
- Jungle Tendril Root
- Mordrem Wolf
- Mordrem Leeching Thrasher
- Mordrem Vile Thrasher
- Veteran Jungle Tendril
- Veteran Mordrem Gravelash
- Veteran Mordrem Wolf
Speaking to Sabinus Reignfire:
- Sabinus Reignfire: You don't wanna go out there. Vicious plants are sprouting up everywhere! We're doing our best to hold them off, but it's not enough.
I'm here to help.
- Great, we need it. Find the soldiers tasked with exterminating these things, and help them where possible.
- I just spoke with Aelius Rendblood, and she's in deep. Start there. Once you overcome the creatures in her area—and I know you will—she'll direct you to the next soldier who needs backup.
- I'm on my way.
- I will.
Speaking to Sabinus Reignfire again:
- Sabinus Reignfire: Great timing! I was just about to do some weeding. These critters need a good punch in the petals, if you ask me.
- I've got this.
Speaking to Aelius Rendblood:
- Aelius Rendblood: Quit your gawking. Those vines'll be back before you know it, and you best be prepared.
- I'm ready! (triggers event)
- I need a moment.
Speaking to Aelius after completing event:
- So I heard that thing was a Mordrem. Now I understand why everyone's scrambling for samples. Hey, Brutus Rendflesh is collecting samples nearby. I'd get in on that if I were you.
- Hmm, maybe he'll let me keep a sample.
Speaking to Brutus Rendflesh:
- Brutus Rendflesh: Stay sharp. Those creatures could be back at any moment.
I've been informed. How can I help?
- We need vine samples, but the Mordrem are extremely hostile. Coat yourself with their spores, and they'll leave you alone just long enough to get the job done.
- No problem. (triggers event)
- Plants with teeth. Don't know anything about them, but they're popping up everywhere. Same with those prisonlike vine formations.
- Sounds like Mordrem. I'm here to help.
Can't you just kill the vines?
- Negative. We need live vine samples, so camouflage yourself with their spores or you'll never get close enough. It's only temporary, so move fast.
- Got it. I'll help you out. (Same as "I've been informed. How can I help?")
- All right. See you later.
- I see. Good luck.
- Then I'm outta here.
Speaking to the Ash Legion Scout before Brutus:
- Stay sharp. Those creatures could be back at any moment.
- Will do. (triggers event)
Speaking to Brutus after completing event:
- You've got a talent for this. Listen, Taccius Stormbane is having similar plant problems up north. Might be worth your while to help him out.
- Will do.
Speaking to Taccius Stormbane:
- If Rescue the captured workers is inactive:
- Taccius Stormbane: Yup. Any minute now. Aaaany minute now. Those vines will show up, my workers will attack them, and then they'll end up a tangled mess.
Whoa. Let's not let that happen.
- I'm with you. The legions are trying to identify these plants' weakness. Get me some vine samples, and maybe my workers won't end up as plant food.
This happens frequently, I take it.
- We're operating under the legions' command. Sometimes I swear they don't read my reports. I keep telling 'em the vines are too strong for my workforce. But orders are orders.
- Whatever happens, I'm here to help. (triggers event)
- Huh. Good luck with that.
- You've gotta help my workers. They're wrapped up in those vines over there!
- On my way!
- Not now.
Speaking to Taccius after completing event:
- Taccius Stormbane: You really saved our tails, <Character name>. But I just heard another one of these creatures is rampaging south of here. Scout Rendfire can help you pinpoint the beast's location if you're up for it.
- Sounds fun.
Speaking to Scout Rendfire:
- If Veteran Mordrem Wolf is dead:
- Took yer time, did ya? We managed to take out the wolf monster. Doubt it's gone for good, though. Keep your eyes peeled.
- Doubt I'll miss a giant green wolf. (triggers event)
- I'll come back later.
- Thank my hairy back you got here in time. We've spotted a—eh, how do I put this? A walking wolf weed...of sorts. Big, nasty thing. Packs quite a bite for a shrub.
- Show me where it's at, and I'll take it out.
- I hate big, nasty things. 'Bye.
Speaking to Sabinus after assisting all four charr:
- Sabinus Reignfire: Heard you gave them a thrashing, soldier. That should keep the area quiet for a while. Give me a report.
Eradicating those things will take an army.
- Just how I like my vegetation—dead. Thanks for all of your help. Here's an extra plant sample Brutus Rendflesh gave me. I don't need it.