Astral force is the Druid's resource that fuels the Celestial Avatar form of the druid. Astral force is gained, with a few exceptions, through instances of healing and direct damage the player applies. The majority of Astral Force generation is generally from outgoing healing, not damage. Celestial Avatar depletes Astral Force over time and ends when it reaches 0.
The rate at which Astral Force is generated is 1.5% of the bar from healing done by the player and 0.75% from damage done by the player. These percentages are fractions of the total astral force pool, not of your damage or healing done, i.e. every healing tick or damage tick charges your Astral Force bar for 1.5% or 0.75% respectively. The size of that tick and the target of that tick are both irrelevant. However, healing multiple targets at once will charge Astral Force accordingly, so healing 4 targets at once will charge 6.0% of the bar. Condition damage, pet damage, or healing an undamaged target do not generate Astral Force. Pets that utilize healing skills or traits will generate Astral Force for the player. Lifesteal effects from food, sigils, and most other sources will also generate Astral Force.
The player's progress towards activating Celestial Avatar (CA) can be tracked in a special bar above the player's health bar. CA cannot be activated unless the bar has been filled to 100%. If CA is cancelled early, then the player will lose 50% of their remaining Astral Force. While the druid is in CA, they lose Astral Force every second until the bar is empty and they are forced out, for a total of 15 seconds. Astral Force is not charged while in CA itself. Going into Downed state will reset the CA bar to 0.
Methods of Acquiring Astral Force
- Skills and traits that deal damage to your foe.
- Skills and traits that provide direct healing or Regeneration.
- Pets that heal or provide healing (through traits like Invigorating Bond or their own passive skills).
- Lifesteal consumables.
- Lifesteal upgrade components.
- Utilizing various combos in a water field.
List of skills that grant Astral Force
|Staff||Solar Beam||Fire a concentrated beam of light at the target enemy or ally, damaging foes and healing allies struck by the beam.|
|Astral Wisp||Send a wisp to attach to your target. While attached, it will circle the target, healing nearby allies.|
|Ancestral Grace||Become a wisp of natural energy, traversing to the targeted location. When you reach the target, heal nearby allies and grant protection to your pet. Recharge is reduced if you heal another ally.|
|Sublime Conversion||Summon an energy barrier that causes enemy projectiles to heal upon impact. Allies that pass through the wall gain boons.|
|Healing skill||Glyph of Rejuvenation||Glyph. Greatly heal yourself and your pet, while healing nearby allies for a minor amount.|
|"We Heal As One!"||Command. Heal yourself and your pet. You each gain copies of the other's boons.|
|Troll Unguent||Survival. You and your pet regenerate health over time.|
|Healing Spring||Trap. Heals you and your pet. Place a trap that grants regeneration and cures conditions on allies.|
| Water Spirit
||Spirit. Summon a water spirit that regenerates allies. Spirits lose health when granting boons to allies and die if the summoner moves out of range.|
|utility|| Glyph of Alignment
||Glyph. Damage and impair foes, or heal and remove conditions from allies.|
| Glyph of Equality
||Glyph. Daze foes or break stun for allies.|
| Glyph of Empowerment
||Empower the outgoing damage or healing of allies.|
| Glyph of the Tides
||Glyph. Draw your enemies in or knock them away.|
| "Sic 'Em!"
||Command. Your pet rushes at your foe, revealing them and dealing increased damage.|
| "Protect Me!"
||Command. Gain protection and barrier while breaking allies out of stuns.|
| "Search and Rescue!"
||Command. Your pet teleports a downed ally within range of you and begins reviving them. Grant regeneration to nearby allies.|
||Command. Order your pet to guard nearby allies; your pet takes damage on behalf of those allies. Gain might when your pet receives damage.|
|Elite|| Glyph of Unity
||Glyph. Use nature energy to connect to foes or allies.|
| "Strength of the Pack!"
||Command. Rampage with your pet, gaining stability, fury, and swiftness. You and your pet also grant might to each other when you attack.|
- Skills marked with requiring Verdant Etching trait, require the Seed of Life that spawns to heal someone in order to work.
- Celestial Being - Gain access to Glyphs. Become a celestial avatar once you gain enough astral force. Generate astral force by healing allies and damaging foes.
- Live Vicariously - When you heal an ally, you are also healed.
- Natural Mender - Increase healing to other allies. Gain astral force each interval while not in celestial avatar form.
- Cultivated Synergy - Using your heal skill, heals allies around you and your pet.
- Verdant Etching - Glyphs grant protection to nearby allies.
- Lingering Light - While in celestial avatar form, your healing of others is significantly increased. A lesser bonus to outgoing healing lingers for a duration after exiting celestial avatar.
- Resounding Timbre - Commands apply additional boons around you and gain reduced recharge.
- Natural Healing - Your pet recovers health each interval.
- Oakheart Salve - Gain regeneration when you are inflicted with bleeding, poison, or burning. While you have regeneration, you take reduced strike damage.
- Windborne Notes - Warhorn skills grant regeneration around their target. Recover health when you gain regeneration.
- Rejuvenation - Gain regeneration when struck while below the health threshold.
- Invigorating Bond - Beast abilities heal allies around the caster.
- Allies' Aid - Cast "Search and Rescue!" when you begin reviving an ally.
- Regenerate - Beast. Howl to heal and grant regeneration to nearby allies.
- Harmonic Cry - Heal yourself and nearby allies.
- Any pet under the effects of Invigorating Bond
- As of February 23, 2016 patch, Astral force is emptied at the start of a PvP match.
- As of November 20, 2015 patch, Astral force can no longer be generated by healing anyone that has 100% health already, even if that person is the player themselves.
- As of November 18, 2015, Astral force now regenerates even from regeneration boons, even if by others onto the druid.
- Astral force can be generated through reviving others at a fast rate.