Battle of Champion's Dusk
Battle of Champion's Dusk
Map of Battle of Champion's Dusk
- The Mists
- The first team to kill the enemy lord wins the match!
- Gather up to two supply piles from the center of the map and turn them in at your barracks to summon allied door breakers and archers.
- Use a trebuchet to assist your allies at the supply depot, and to help thwart enemy door breakers and archers.
- Be mindful of the mist essences that spawn at random intervals! Interacting with mist essences will summon a powerful hero to help turn the tides of battle in your favor.
Battle of Champion's Dusk is a structured PvP map. It is the first and only Stronghold map.
- Destroy Outer Gate — Destroy your enemy's outer gate to gain access to their base and lord gate.
- Destroy Lord Gate — Destroy your enemy's lord gate to gain access to their lord's room and their lord.
- Kill Enemy Lord — Kill the enemy's lord to win the game!
- Defend Outer Gate — Defend your outer gate to prevent the enemy from gaining access to your base and lord gate.
- Defend Lord Gate — Defend your lord gate to prevent the enemy from gaining access to your lord's room and your lord.
- Defend Lord — Defend your lord to prevent the enemy from winning the game!
- Commune with the place of power in the north to summon a mist champion (0)
- Commune with the place of power in the south to summon a mist champion (0)
- Note that the event start at xx:30 and the Mist Champion will be available at xx:00
- 12:30 — on side of lowest score
- 09:30 — on one or both sides
- 06:30 — on one or both sides
- 03:30 — on one or both sides
- These Mist Champions are available, depending on which one is selected by the communing player:
Each team has access to a trebuchet which can bombard any enemy or area on the battlefield. It causes massive damage to enemies and causes knockback to those who get caught in the area of effect. It does no friendly-fire damage or knockback.
|1||Turn Left||10¼||Press and hold to turn your trebuchet to the left.|
|2||Fire||4¼||3||Press and hold to fire a trebuchet shot. Hold down to shoot farther.|
|3||Turn Right||10¼||Press and hold to turn your trebuchet to the right.|
It can also be used to destroy buildings and objects in your way. This can help create easier access routes to lanes from a team's base, or to provide additional routes to flank the opposing team. It is not possible to destroy the enemy's trebuchet with your own trebuchet as it is out of range, but it can be destroyed by enemy players. When this happens, supply can be used to repair it or it will be repair automatically after a time period.
These NPCs can be both allies and foes depending on your team.
- Door Breaker
- Elite Archer
- Elite Cleric
- Elite Mage
- Elite Soldier
- James the Bartender
- Veteran Guard
- Starting the match
- Announcer: The match starts soon.
- Announcer (red): All right, you lot. We'll seize this town right after we settle things with the local lord.
- Announcer (blue): Remember, thet only way we'll prevail is to slay our enemy's lord.
- At the blue side, when firing the trebuchet
- Lord Pirate Crowder the Dreaded: Here comes their trebuchet fire. Take cover!
- Lord Pirate Crowder the Dreaded: They're firing on your position.
- Before a mist essence appears
- Announcer (blue): I feel mist essence nearby. With that, we can summon a hero to our cause.
- Announcer (blue): There's mist essence somewhere close by. Seize it before the enemy can.
- Announcer (red): What are you waiting for? Can't be far to that mist essence.
- Summoning a Mist Champion
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: My name is Tybalt Leftpaw, Lightbringer of the Order of Whispers, and that's Agent to you!
- Nika: We are the knife in the darkness.
- Turai Ossa: I'll have to finish this!
- Breaching the outer gate
- Announcer (blue): They're at our outer gate!
- Announcer (blue): Well done, my knights. We're through their outer gate.
- Breaching the Lord Gate
- Announcer (blue): With their inner gate down, we have our chance to end this battle. Strike down their lord!
- Enemy breaching your team's Lord Gate
- Announcer (blue): They're at our inner gate now. Repel them!
- Announcer (blue): They've made it through to us. Knights, I'm vulnerable.
- Winning the match
- Announcer (red): Not bad. Not bad at all! Now this town belongs to us.
- Champion's Dawn is a location in Guild Wars Nightfall with a lot of nearby pirate activity. Contemporary Champion's Dawn was made available with the Daybreak release of Living World Season 4.
- Historically, Turai Ossa and Grymm Svaard would grant the effect Heroic Presence to allied players.
- Battle of Champion's Dusk — achievement category