From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Piercing is a line area of effect property of some projectile attacks that allows them to hit multiple enemies in their path within the maximum range instead of stopping at the first enemy the projectile hits.
Weapon skills that pierce
- Orb of Light
- True Shot
- Deflecting Shot
- Sword Wave
- Zealot's Embrace
- Fan of Fire
- Pin Down
- Hip Shot
- Throw Shield
- Path of Scars
- Poison Volley
- Arc Lightning
- Vapor Blade (not limited to 5 hits)
- Counter Blade
- Necrotic Grasp
Underwater weapons skills that pierce
Skills with special conditions that pierce
- Flame Blast (from Flamethrower)
- Throw Wrench (tool belt skill with Tool Kit)
- Crippling Shield (from Conjure Earth Shield)
- Flame Wave (from Conjure Fiery Greatsword)
- Frost Fan (from Conjure Frost Bow)
- Deathly Claws (in Lich Form)
- Life Blast (in Death Shroud, with Unyielding Blast trait)
Traits that grant piercing
- Crack Shot — Rifle and harpoon gun shots pierce. Reduced recharge on rifle and harpoon gun skills.
- Lead the Wind — While wielding a longbow, your attack speed is increased and your arrows pierce. Longbow and Harpoon Gun skills recharge faster.
- Light on your Feet — Damage and condition duration is increased for a while after dodging. Short bow skills recharge faster and your arrows pierce.
- Unyielding Blast — Shroud skill 1 pierces and causes vulnerability.
- Projectiles will pierce destructible objects, such as siege weaponry.