If you are disabled, gain protection. Incoming condition damage is reduced while you have protection.
Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, and launch.
- Protection (3s): -33% Incoming Damage
- : 20% Condition Damage Reduction
— In-game description
For a detailed trait history, see here.
| December 11, 2018
- This trait has been renamed Dark Defiance. It now causes necromancers to gain protection for 3 seconds when affected by control effects and causes protection that is applied to the necromancer to reduce their incoming condition damage by 20%. This trait has a cooldown of 20 seconds.
| March 27, 2018
- Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
| May 20, 2014
- Updated the description of this trait to indicate "pull" in the list of triggers.
| December 10, 2013
- Decreased the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
| September 25, 2012
- This trait has been updated to properly work with a variety of crowd-control effects.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Reaper's Protection has been added to the game.