Legendary Karka Queen
- This article is about the world boss. For the event schedule, see Defeat the Karka Queen threatening the settlements.
Legendary Karka Queen
The Legendary Karka Queen is a world boss in Southsun Cove. When its event triggers, players are given 15 minutes to reclaim 4 settlements (if those settlements are contested by karka invasions or crazed wildlife) and kill the Queen. Once all of them are controlled by the Lionguard, the Karka Queen appears.
- Defeat the Karka Queen threatening the settlements (80) [Group Event]
- Heavily Armored
- Acid Spit
- Spit - Projectile auto-attack that immobilizes for 5 seconds and transfers 1 condition.
- Stomp - The Queen jumps up and stomps twice in succession upon landing, dealing high damage and knocking down for 2 seconds in a point-blank area of effect with each stomp.
- Rolling Charge - The Queen jumps up and spins, pulling its body into a cylindrical shape and rolling forward when it lands. As it travels, it inflicts high damage and knocks down in a point-blank area of effect every second. The Queen gains Might each time an enemy is hit, but it will stop rolling upon reaching 25 stacks. Terrain and other impassable barriers prevent the Queen's movement but do not end the charge. This results in massive, pulsing point-blank area of effect damage that will quickly down or kill any players nearby.
- Throw Egg - Throws a Karka Egg which breaks if it hits a player.
- Stolen skills
|Fallen Adventurer's Backpack||Container||Exotic||1|
| Karka Queen Claw
(only drops if the The Moot I: The Experimental Mace collection is active)
| Karka Cake
(only drops if the The Moot III: The Energizer collection is active)
| Karka Queen's Magic
(only drops if the HOPE IV: The Catalyst collection is active)
1The player must have an activated Dwarven Spell Trap.
- The Karka Queen was added with the Last Stand at Southsun release.
- The open-world chest reward was originally limited to once per day per character. The June 11th, 2013 update removed this limit, allowing players to obtain the bonus award as often as the queen was killed, to encourage completion of the event. In February 2014, this was changed again to its current limit of once per day per account. It is speculated that the change was added purportedly in response to abuse of this mechanic.
- Although it is called the "Karka Queen," this karka is hermaphroditic like all other karka. The title "Karka Queen" is given to the eldest karka egg layer.