From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Click to enlarge
Modified projectile with icy trails
On-hit effect on enemies.
Frostfang is a Legendary axe crafted in the Mystic Forge.“
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
- The player leaves behind icy footprints.
- The mouth emits a faint frosty breath and chatters when drawn.
- Ice swirls up the arm of the hand wielding Frostfang when drawn.
- The arm wielding Frostfang is encased in a block of ice, which emits a foggy vapor.
- Enemies killed by Frostfang will display chilled death animations.
- Visual changes:
 Full ingredient list
Frostfang requires the following:
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery||Bloodstone Shard|
|250 Obsidian Shard|
|Gift of Exploration|
|Gift of Battle||
|Gift of Fortune||250 Glob of Ectoplasm|
|77 Mystic Clover|
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Gift of Frostfang2||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Ice|
|Gift of Metal3|
|Gift of Ice3|
|Tooth of Frostfang2||
- 1 Obsidian Shards are bought in multiples of three, costing three Laurels each. You would end up purchasing a total of 252 shards.
- 2 This item varies with each legendary.
- 3 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have mastered the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 4 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level.