From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
During the day.
Eternity footsteps effect.
Background image used for Eternity footsteps.
Eternity is a legendary greatsword crafted in the Mystic Forge and serves as a combination of the two legendary greatswords, Sunrise and Twilight.“
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
- Eternity creates a burst of light upon being drawn, acting like a window into the starry sky just as the blade does.
- Moving or swinging your weapon leaves a painterly afterimage, much like Twilight or Sunrise.
- The weapon gives off a short burst of light when drawn.
- The pommel gem emits a bright glow while stowed/drawn.
- The blade is surrounded with a soft aura while drawn. The aura's color reflects the blade's color.
- Animated prismatic flares appear behind the blade while drawn.
- White sparkles pop off the blade while drawn.
- The blade's edge is a painterly design whose texture shifts and rotates around the blade.
- Skills involving throwing or creating copies of the weapon will toss either Twilight, Eternity, or Sunrise randomly.
- Eternity has a day/night cycle.
- Special changes for Warrior
- Bladetrail tosses the Eternity at their target.
- Throw Rock and Hammer Toss are both replaced with the Eternity blade.
- Special changes for Guardian
- Whirling Wrath bolts are replaced with Eternity blades.
- Binding Blade swords are replaced with Eternity blades.
- Special changes for Mesmer
- Mirror Blade throws Eternity at their target.
- Special changes for Ranger
- Crippling Throw tosses Eternity at their target.
 Full material list
Eternity requires the following:
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery x2||Bloodstone Shard x2|
|Obsidian Shard x500|
|Gift of Exploration x2|
|Gift of Battle x2||
|Gift of Fortune x2||Glob of Ectoplasm x500|
|Mystic Clover x154|
|Gift of Magic x2|
|Gift of Might x2|
|Gift of Sunrise||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Strength|
|Gift of Metal|
|Gift of Light|
|Gift of Twilight||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Blood|
|Gift of Metal|
|Gift of Darkness|
|Dusk & Dawn||
- 1 Obsidian Shards are bought in multiples of three, costing three Laurels each. You would end up purchasing a total of 504 shards.
- 2 This item varies with each legendary.
- 3 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have reached level 400 in the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 4 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level. 
- The Risen High Wizard protecting the gates of Arah in the Gates of Arah meta event can be seen wielding Eternity.