Glob of Ectoplasm
Glob of Ectoplasm
This item is not dropped by any creature.
Generally, salvaging rare or exotic equipment (armor, trinkets, and weapons) with a required level of 68 or higher yields between 0 and 3 Globs of Ectoplasm. While there have been reports of a Glob of Ectoplasm being produced from items with a level below 68 or a lesser quality than rare, these exceptions are few and far between. See the talk page for further discussion.
Extensive testing suggests that the drop rate is affected by three factors:
- Level requirement: equipment rated at level 68 or higher have much higher yields than lower-level items.
- Item rarity: rare and exotic items are much more likely to produce ecto than items of lower quality.
- Kit quality: A controlled test reports that Master's and Mystic Salvage Kits yield about 0.875 ecto/rare, and Black Lion Salvage Kits are anecdotally reported to give about 1.25 ecto/rare:
|Ectos produced per Rare item with a Master's/Mystic Salvage Kit|
|Alpha Crafter||Basic Collections||3|
| Unlock all 36 fine and masterwork crafted armor skins in your wardrobe.
||Unlocked 1 Fine and Masterwork Crafted Armor Skins||1|
|Unlocked 18 Fine and Masterwork Crafted Armor Skins||1|
|Unlocked 36 Fine and Masterwork Crafted Armor Skins||1|
These vendors sell items that may be "destabilize" to gain globs of ectoplasm and valuable junk items in random amounts.
- Armor recipes: Armorsmith, Leatherworker, Tailor
- Weapon recipes: Weaponsmith, Huntsman, Artificer
- Other recipes: Chef and Jeweler, Mystic Forge
Globs of Ectoplasm can be salvaged into Piles of Crystalline Dust and Essences of Luck as follows:
- Pile of Crystalline Dust (1–5)
And one of the following:
Salvage research can be found here.
- The June 11, 2013, game update made Globs of Ectoplasm salvageable into Piles of Crystalline Dust. The change was introduced to "help Globs of Ectoplasm maintain a strong value in the economy and lower the cost of Crystalline Dust."