- This article is about legendary weapons. For the NPC rank, see NPC_rank#Legendary.
Legendary weapons are a set of high end weapons that have unique appearances. They have the same stats as ascended weapons, however they also have functionality to allow their inherent stat combo to be changed to any other stat combo when out of combat. They are crafted in the Mystic Forge. Each legendary weapon requires four components: a specific exotic precursor weapon, a Gift of Fortune, a Gift of Mastery and a final gift specific to the desired legendary weapon.
It is a good idea to start by making the Gift of Mastery, then producing Mystic Clovers, as this will also generate materials required for the Gifts of Magic and Might, and potentially the gifts specific to each Legendary. All legendary weapons, excluding Eternity, will require the following components:
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery||Bloodstone Shard|
|Obsidian Shard x250|
|Gift of Exploration|
|Gift of Battle||
|Gift of Fortune||Glob of Ectoplasm x250|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Legendary weapon Gift2||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil specific to the Legendary|
|Specific Gift acquired through crafting3||
|Specific Gift acquired through crafting3|
|Precursor weapon 2||
- 1 Obsidian Shards are bought in multiples of three, costing three Laurels each. You would end up purchasing a total of 252 shards.
- 2 This item varies with each legendary.
- 3 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have mastered the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 4 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level. 
- 5 There is an additional 96 charge for each Shard bought from the Priory Historian (Bandit Crest Collector)
All legendary weapons need 4 items to be crafted. Two of these items are always:
- Eternity has neither a precursor weapon nor a legendary gift. It is constructed by combining Sunrise and Twilight.
Gifts and statues
Recipes for the required gifts and statues can all be bought from Miyani in Lion's Arch. Each costs 10 and requires a respective level 400 discipline to craft.
All profession crafted gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on any character associated with your account.
- Recipe: Gift of Darkness
- Recipe: Gift of Light
- Recipe: Gift of Entertainment
- Recipe: Gift of Weather
- Recipe: Gift of Ice
- Recipe: Unicorn Statue
- Recipe: Gift of Music
- Recipe: Vial of Quicksilver
- Recipe: Shark Statue
- Footprints of a legendary equipped in the main hand will override any footprints of a legendary equipped in the offhand.
- Legendary weapons cannot be sold to vendors unless transmuted.
- New legendary weapons have been announced to be released in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.