Account Bound is a mechanic that designates an element in the game be restricting to the account of the player. The analog of account bound is character bound or soulbound, where the element is restricted to a single character. Many items, chests, rewards, and other activities may be account bound. More often than not, this restriction comes with a daily restriction, where the reward can only be obtained once per day on an account.
Account Bound also refers to the specific property of an item which cannot be placed on the Trading Post or mailed, but may be passed to other characters that are part of the same account via the Account vault. Account Bound items can be salvaged, or sold to NPCs if they have a value. Equipment can be account bound, so it may be equipped and unequipped between any character on the account. Equipment may also be soulbound on use, where it can be moved freely until bound to a single character.
- Currencies: All currencies are account wide and shared among all characters.
- Ectoplasm refinement: Ectoplasm refinement materials have an account bound daily restriction.
- Bank and Collections.
- PvP Rank and PvP Locker.
- Achievements, titles and achievement rewards.
- Fractal level.
- Daily bonus chests from world bosses.
- Dialy Dungeon bonus chests.
- Gem Store items
- Most items from Black Lion Chests
- Most items from Achievement Chest
- Most items bought from merchants
- Items bought from karma merchant
- Some exotic equipment
- PvP rewards