— In-game description [?]
- Honed Axes — Gain ferocity while wielding an axe in either hand. Winter's bite is now an AoE skill. Axe skills recharge faster.
- When you use this skill your pet is buffed with Enfeebling Strike for 15 seconds.
- The pet effect is applied when you throw the axe, you don't need to hit a target.
- While in beastmode, the player's next attack applies weakness.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| August 08, 2017
|| Path of Fire pre-patch:
- Unsplit this skill from PvP. The higher 150% damage will now be used in all game types.
| June 20, 2017
- The damage of this skill has been increased by 150%. (PvP only)
| April 19, 2016
- The chill duration of this skill has been increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds and now also applies 3 stacks of bleeding for 5 seconds.
- The aftercast delay has been reduced by 0.32 seconds.
| July 01, 2014
- Fixed the description and icon of the pet buff to better match its skill functionality.
| December 10, 2013
- Added a weakness skill fact.
| June 25, 2013
- Fixed an issue so that it now chills for 3 seconds (as listed in the tooltip) instead of 2 seconds.
| May 14, 2013
- Fixed a bug that caused the projectile speed of the following axe skills to be 75% of their intended speed: Ricochet, Splitblade, Winter's Bite, Path of Scars.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Winter's Bite has been added to the game.