- Begin the puzzle by stepping onto the jump pad and jumping up onto the first cliff, being careful about the slippery rocks. Head south along the cliff until you reach the launch pad. Face your character towards the lower point of the cliff on the far side and step onto the gear while it's not active. If you fall, you'll need to use the jump pad to start over.
- After landing, climb up and head towards the next jump pad. Again, rocks are slippery, but use the pad to reach the lower ledge above. Once you get up top, look at the rock wall to the left of the trees. It should have a slight shimmer. This is a fake, holographic wall and you can just walk through.
- Once past the wall, you'll need to drop down to the next section. There is a jump pad to help you exit if you want. To move forward, you'll need to use the next launch pad to reach the middle rock, then use the launch pad there to reach the far side. While it's tempting to try and move quicker by launching onto the second pad, most of the time this results in the second jump not reaching as far as needed and you'll fall and have to go back and try again. Instead, aim for the spot on the rock to the right of the second pad, then use the next pad to reach the far side.
- Once on the other side, pass through the pipes shooting steam and fire. The fire will inflict burning, and the steam will do damage and possibly knock you back.
- Climb up onto the ledge and jump to the rock formation between you and the launch pad to reach that platform. Face the ledge to the left of the structure and step on the launch pad to be sent over. Jump over to the rock next to the pipe. Then face the ledge on the far wall and step on the second launch pad. Instead of hitting the wall, you'll be sent through a holographic wall.
- Head through the tunnel, avoiding the pipe. The steam pipe here will knock you back if the steam hits you, but just keep moving on. Jump down onto the pipe in the next section, and then across over to the Aetherblades. Just keep running and jump off to the next platform, they won't follow.
- Here is where the jumping really begins. There are two ways to continue...either jump up the rocks onto the large pipe, or onto the smaller pipe and go to the left to reach the end. There is also an Aetherblade Cache next to the consoles to the right. Climb up on the two rock outcroppings to jump onto the smaller pipes that create arches. Jump across these to reach the ledge with the steam pipes.
- Travel along this ledge to reach the front of the airship. Climb onto the airship and avoid the fire and steam bursts while making your way inside, fighting the Aetherblade pirates. Once inside, your goal is to head out the opening on the other wall of the ship (not the one going down). There's an Aetherblade Cache sitting on the lower deck guarded by a Veteran, if desired.
- Exit through the opening on the side and look over the edge to see a pipe platform. Jump over the edge onto the platform. This can be done even in combat, but the Aetherblades on board the ship may keep attacking you. Look down and see a small brown round platform. Jump down to this platform. This is actually a very simple jump, just face the platform and jump out in that direction. You'll press against the ship, which will angle you down towards it.
- Falling at this point means you must go over to a jump pad and begin at the earlier pipes. The next series of pillar jumps is deceiving as the jumps are shorter than a normal jump, requiring you to cut the movement short. In addition, there's a couple of Aetherblades wandering along the floor that will attack you once anytime they get in range, putting you in combat. Wait until out of combat and carefully make the series of shorter jumps across the pillars. After making it across the pillars, jump onto the large white pipe. Your jump range while in combat can actually be used to your advantage if you are daring, as it's almost the same as the distance between the pillars which may make the jumps a little easier. The downside is that combat can drop really easily, resulting in your jump range being extended and sending you over the edge. Blinks, teleports, and shadowstepping doesn't seem to work to move between them, although skills like Jump Shot might.
- The next jump is easily failed. Across the way from here is an Aetherblade Thug on a small platform. This pirate can sometimes aggro while you're attempting the next jump, doing a ranged attack to put you in combat and causing you to fail. Take the pirate out to avoid this, but be aware that dodging can easily cause you to fall and have to start over. You can start the jump from the large white pipe, the thin brown pipe, or the pirate's platform depending on preference. The large white pipe and the pirate's platform have the slight advantage of being parallel to the landing platform. The net on the edge of the platform will not stop you. You must jump onto the edge of the bottom post of the airship's fins (also a thin platform), and then jump from there onto the rim of the pipe, which has a jump pad on top. You can stand on the edge of the platform if you don't want to be affected. Note the small pool of water on the ground next to the pirate's platform.
- The jump pad will launch you up high enough to reach the top "bone" of the fin. Carefully make your way onto it. If you fall, you may be able to land on something below and get back to the first jump instead of having to start over. Once there, walk over and jump onto the next pipe with a jump pad.
- Use that jump pad to get up onto one of the brown pipes extending from the next pipe platform. Use that jump pad to land on the small brown pipe next to the large one. Walk around and climb up onto the larger pipe. Walk over the steam vents to reach the next platform. Take a breather, this is a safe spot here, then use the jump pad to reach the next ledge.
- Now you will need to jump onto the small grey platforms extending out in a spiral. Jump on the first one, then to the second. You will likely need to climb up on the black cylinder to get high enough to reach the third platform, then onto that black cylinder to reach the top.
- Aim for the gear on the side of the white pipe section in front of the launch gear and then step onto it. Thankfully if you fall you usually won't fall far and can try again relatively easily. Climb up on top of the pipe and hop across the brown pillar to the horizontal pipes in front of you.
Shortcut for Elementalists, Guardians, Mesmers and Necromancers
Step 7-10 can be shortened by moving south towards the broad platform where the Thug in step 11 is positioned on, jump onto a small rock formation a bit southwest of it to reach the rim of a pipe that is just one long jump away from this platform. Use a speed buff and jump to the rim of the pipe directly leaning to the broad platform and walk on it to get closer to the platform. Use your teleporting skill (Lightning Flash/Judge's Intervention/Blink/Summon Flesh Wurm) to get onto the platform. Continue at step 11 after killing the Thug.
Jumping Puzzle or Diving Goggles
- Finish the jumping puzzle
- To finish the puzzle, keep heading forward and jump onto the very tip of the airship's balloon. Walk down and jump onto the balloon itself. Defeat the Aetherblade waiting on top, being careful not to fall.
- When you get to the other side with the floating/glowing platform, look off the right side of the balloon and you'll see a small platform with a Magnificent Chest. Hop down and claim your prize and achievement. You cannot get back up after dropping down to the chest, so at this point, you'll need to be a Mesmer, a Necromancer, or have a Mesmer friend to get back up to continue to the diving goggles, or you will need to redo the jumping puzzle.
- Locate the diving goggles
- To reach the Diving Goggles, walk over the pipes to the rock wall. The rocks are slippery here, but you'll want to climb up to the small platform and jump onto the floating/glowing platform. The first two pads have launch pads. It's possible to make it across by hitting both, and ending up on the platform itself (change your direction by facing the next platform as soon as possible, although cautious players may want to aim next to the second gear to try and avoid a sudden jump when they're not ready. There's a chance you'll end up on the brown pipe if you don't change direction soon enough. On the following glowing platforms are a series of jump pads leading up towards the very top. You may need to twist your character around mid-air in order to make it up. The final platform is reached by landing on a smaller pipe extending out, and then onto the last one. This final jump can be difficult to do since it's as high as you can possibly jump.
- Once you get to the top one, you'll notice you're above the holographic mountain and cannot see anything. To get the diving goggles achievement, you need to put the goggles on and successfully make a blind dive into the small pool of water next to that Aetherblade Thug way earlier in the puzzle. The pool is located directly below the left side of the platform, do not jump off the edge. If you fall of the edge, you will avoid the obstacles along the way. At the bottom of the pool of water, there is another Aetherblade Cache, but this is accessible without doing the dive, so this is purely for the achievement.