Chaos Crystal Cavern
Chaos Crystal Cavern
Map of Chaos Crystal Cavern
is a jumping puzzle
in the southwest portion of the Iron Marches
west of Old Piken Ruins waypoint
in Iron Marches. The area features giant crystals of various sizes, a multitude of effects that help or hinder the player, and enemies from all over Tyria.
 Getting there
Start at Old Piken Ruins waypoint in Champion's Shield. When facing west from the waypoint, there is a cliff with some Cliffbats on it. Jump up there; there will be a large hole hidden by some dead trees on the north side of the cliff. There is a pair of Diving Goggles next to an opening. Jump in the middle of the hole, while being careful to not land on the rock ledges which can kill you, and swim through the tunnel. You will arrive in an colorful open cave with the start of the puzzle nearby.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the story of Guild Wars 2.
- When you first enter the hall, you will find an Injured Inquest Researcher. He says that the only way to leave this cavern is to get to the portal at the end of the puzzle.
- To reach this portal, complete the puzzle and get the loot, you have to jump from one pillar to the other.
- On some pillars random chaos flashes appear. They can change your character´s size, movement speed and field of vision. It makes jumping the pillars a little trickier, so try to avoid them or wait for the effects to wear out if you do get hit (might need to log out and back in). They are timed, and only occur on specific pillars.
- The last pillar contains a chest. From there you can access the portal out of the room.
All conditions are removed when you fall into the water.
- Far Sighted - Your perception has been altered. Everything looks so far away!
- Near Sighted - Your perception has been altered. Everything looks so close!
- Ettin Sized - You feel enormous! You can make a molehill out of small mountains.
- Snake Sized -You feel tiny! Small spaces are no barrier for you.
- Lightning Speed - You feel faster! Nothing can slow you down!
- Weighed Down - You feel slower. Your joints feel heavy and sluggish.
- Be aware of the mobs around the pillars. Some of them might kick you off the pillars. Make sure you have got a ranged weapon with you.
- The Portal at the end of the puzzle will drop you in the middle of the great sea east of your position.
- The conditions given by chaos flashes are random, so if you get a negative condition just wait on the pillar for a less hindering one like Lighting Speed
- If you get caught by a chaos flash and are finding it hard to continue in your altered state, a quick re-log from the character selection screen will remove the altered state.
- In the second "row" of pillars there is a low pillar you can directly jump on from the ground, which saves some time.
- This chest is linked to the chest in Weyandt's Revenge. Only one of the two can be opened per day.