Chaos Crystal Cavern
Chaos Crystal Cavern
Map of Chaos Crystal Cavern
is a jumping puzzle
in the southwest portion of the Iron Marches
west of Old Piken Ruins waypoint
in Iron Marches. The area features giant crystals of various sizes, a multitude of effects that help or hinder the player, and enemies from all over Tyria.
Start at Old Piken Ruins waypoint in Champion's Shield. When facing west from the waypoint, there is a cliff with some Cliffbats on it. Jump up there; there will be a large hole hidden by some dead trees on the north side of the cliff. There is a pair of Diving Goggles next to an opening. Jump in the middle of the hole, while being careful to not land on the rock ledges which can kill you, and swim through the tunnel. You will arrive in an colorful open cave with the start of the puzzle nearby.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution to the Chaos Crystal Cavern jumping puzzle.
- When you first enter the hall, you will find an Injured Inquest Researcher. He says that the only way to leave this cavern is to get to the portal at the end of the puzzle.
- To reach this portal, complete the puzzle and get the loot, you have to jump from one pillar to the other.
- On some pillars random chaos flashes appear. They can change your character´s size, movement speed and field of vision. They are timed, and only occur on specific pillars, so its possible to avoid them. If you get hit by one and receive a hurtful effect, you can intentionally get hit by one until it applies a different, less hindering effect, such as snake sized or lightning speed.
- The last pillar contains a chest. From there you can access the portal out of the room.
All effects are removed when you fall into the water.
- Be aware of the mobs around the pillars. Some of them might kick you off the pillars. Make sure you have got a ranged weapon with you.
- The Portal at the end of the puzzle will drop you in the middle of the great sea east of your position.
- The conditions given by chaos flashes are random, so if you get a negative condition just wait on the pillar for a less hindering one like Lighting Speed
- If you get caught by a chaos flash and are finding it hard to continue in your altered state, a quick re-log from the character selection screen will remove the altered state.
- In the second "row" of pillars there is a low pillar you can directly jump on from the ground, which saves some time.