Under New Management
Under New Management
Map of Under New Management
is a short jumping puzzle on the Pearl Islet
Travel to Pearl Islet waypoint on Pearl Islet in the southeast portion of Southsun Cove. The beginning of the jumping puzzle is a set of wooden boards just to the right of the entrance of the tower, when you are on the stairs.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution to the Under New Management jumping puzzle.
- Follow the taller, southern staircase to the top and turn right after the pillar and before entering the building.
- Follow the wood scaffolding around to the back of the building.
- Use the wood beam against the wall to make it across the gap, or you can jump it (this is the most dangerous jump of the puzzle due to the long drop).
- Continue circling to the north side of the building, up the angled wooden beam and onto the stone pillar.
- Jump from the pillar to the wood platform ahead and below with the broken pillar sticking through it.
- Jump to the bundle of logs suspended by rope (optionally to the nearby pillar) and then onto the wood frame.
- Head south towards the stairs you started at and jump up and left to small ledge formed by a crossbeam to get to the platform up and left of it.
- Walk up the sloped beam and turn 180 degrees.
- Hop stone pillar to wood beam to stone pillar, then to wood platform.
- Turn right and make the last two hops from stone pillar to another wood platform and you're at the top with the Splendid Chest.
- A Mesmer with Portal can easily teleport people to the top.
- When at the top looking down to the east you can see a ship with a chest guarded by a Champion Reef Skelk.
- The initial release of The Lost Shores included a shortcut that allowed you to jump onto some barrels and reach the rafters easily from a broken pillar; the barrels were removed shortly after.
- Another shortcut was removed by the May 14th 2013 update. This one made use of a half-constructed building & tent near the main building.