Map of Grendich Gamble
The Grendich Gamble is a jumping puzzle located in the western portion of Diessa Plateau.
Grendich Gamble is the ruined building seen to the north east of Blasted Moors Waypoint in Diessa Plateau, east of the Hero challenge, with Cannons and Trebuchets as well as Ascalonian ghosts on it.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution to the Grendich Gamble jumping puzzle.
- The objective is to reach the top of the tower with the ghostly trebuchets and cannons.
- Fight or run to the stairs on the west side of the tower. Approaching from the west is more straightforward, but requires fighting through more foes. Approaching from the east bypasses the trebuchets and most of the foes on the west side by climbing up a rocky slope and circling around a broken wall.
- Jump over the cannons at the top of the first flight of stairs, then continue up the second flight of stairs and around the corner.
- Jump around the wall to the ledge on the other side, then continue up to the broken wall on the south side of the tower.
- Proceed along the wall in a clockwise direction until you reach a point approximately midway along the west side where you cannot jump any higher.
- Turn east and jump to the ledge on the central tower, then follow the ledge around, jumping on the wooden beams until you reach the ledge above you.
- Jump from the ledge to the higher part of the western wall that you could not reach before, then continue onto the platform to the wooden beams.
- Jump across the two wooden beams and then onto the segment of broken wall in front of you, then turn and jump up onto the longer wooden beam above. Jump to the wooden beam around the corner and down to the ledge with an Ascalonian ghost.
- Proceed up the staircase, jump the short gap, and destroy the trebuchet before engaging the veteran Ascalonian ghost here.
- Approach the rich silver vein to trigger the achievement.
- It is best to destroy the trebuchets on the tower when you come across them. The one at the top of the puzzle in particular can be extremely frustrating, as it is able to hit you if you are standing in front of it (launching you off of the puzzle to your death).