There is a unique method for reaching the area. Players must find 1 of 4 events in Mount Maelstrom and slay the elemental keeper (soloable). Once defeated, a Mysterious Portal to 1 of 4 different locations in Dierdre's Steps will open and you may go to the Hidden Garden area.
- Defeat the Keepers of Earth (63): Sootberme, south east of Criterion Waypoint. ===> takes you to a portal on the East side of Dierdre's Steps
- Defeat the Keeper of Light (65): Ashen Waste, north then slightly west of Avernan Waypoint / south and slightly to the east of Ashen Waypoint. ===> takes you to a portal on the Southwest side of Dierdre's Steps
- Defeat the Keeper of Waves (68): Gauntlet Gulch, north of Oxbow Isle Waypoint. ===> takes you to a portal on the Southeast side of Dierdre's Steps
- Defeat the Keeper of Winds (68): The Stychs, southeast of Irwin Isle Waypoint. ===> takes you to a portal on the West side of Dierdre's Steps
The guardians seem to have a 15 minute reset clock.
|Search YouTube for videos related to Hidden Garden.|
|The goal of the puzzle is to get the Cantles of the four elements to open the Sylvan Chest by Dierdre. To get to the chest, approach the tree from the south east, there will be several cliffs and roots to jump upon and climb your way up. The achievement is earned once you open the chest.
These can be collected in any order.
Cantle of Sky
Obtained from the Cluster of Winds in the north of the Hidden Garden. There's a cave in the northwest corner with several spiders in it. Run through the spiders to the back of the cave and jump onto the ledge to get out of combat. You will find more ledges jutting from the sides and several large mushrooms to jump across. This trail of ledges and mushrooms leads you to the top of the cave and outdoors again.
Once outside, a clear jumping path comprised of cliff ledges and floating rocks leads high into the sky, with a bridge half way along. A small group of spiders spawns at the beginning of the bridge, which is on your left.
A few floating rocks further up, you'll find the cluster surrounded by Air Elementals, including one or more Veterans. You can run in and grab the cantle without getting hit (or first, clear a non-veteran air elemental to give yourself some space to loot). There's also a pair of diving goggles on the ledge, and a large expanse of water below (you can loot and use the goggles while in combat, if necessary).
Cantle of Sea
Obtained from the Cluster of Waves in the Hidden Garden. The cluster is located in the south end of the map, in a watery cave. Look for small ledges and plants with large leaves (jumping platforms) you use to climb up. Halfway up the cave, a group of spiders will spawn. There's a veteran ooze at the end of the cave guarding the cluster, but it can be easily avoided by hugging the cliff's edge.
Cantle of Earth
Obtained from the Cluster of Earth in the Hidden Garden. This is the easiest cantle to obtain. It's at the very bottom of the tree in the center of the garden. You can climb any of the large shards jutting from the ground and drop right on top of the cluster. It is surrounded by several veteran and normal Earth Elementals, that like to cripple, but they can all be run past fairly easily.
Cantle of Sun
Obtained from the Cluster of Light in the Hidden Garden. The cluster is located on the very top of the tree in the center of the garden. To start up the tree, go up from the south east side. Make your way up to the chest, which is about 1/3 of the way up the tree. Head to the chest, then turn left. There will be a path of mushrooms and roots that you can climb up. Be warned, if you fall once you start climbing mushrooms you will die unless you can land in the small pond below.
You can take the cantle from the cluster on top of the tree. There's another pair of diving goggles sitting on the west edge of some mushrooms behind the cluster. Grab them and then jump to the small pond.
- Bring a friend. There are no waypoints in Dierdre's Steps, so if you're there alone and you die you will either have to use a waypoint outside of the area to revive and then find a new event to get back to the area, or carry a Revive Orb with you.
- Gliding is enabled in this jumping puzzle, greatly reducing the risk of death from falling as well as simplifying several jumps throughout the puzzle.
- The Sylvan Chest from this puzzle rewards 2 - 4 Empyreal Fragments.
- 10 achievement points and 1 Tyria Mastery point, the first time completed.