- This article is about the jumping puzzle. For the area, see Behem Gauntlet.
Map of Behem Gauntlet
The Behem Gauntlet is a jumping puzzle located in the southeast portion of Blazeridge Steppes.
The entrance to the puzzle is located in south-east Blazeridge Steppes due east of the Behem Waypoint. Just head east from the waypoint and fight your way through the spiders along the trail until you reach a cave at the end. The vista just south of there also points you to another entrance through the waterfall to its east, then via a short underwater tunnel, however, you will not be able to climb up to the chest from there.
Climb the rocks at the back of the cave and enter a second cave guarded by a Veteran Canyon Spider and several hatchlings.
Jump up the rocks to the right of the veteran spider, then jump across to the ledge on the other side and enter the large inner cave.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution to the Behem Gauntlet jumping puzzle.
- The objective is to reach the chest that is on top of a rock pillar far below the entrance (visible from the starting ledge). The pillar is accessible only via a jump from the rocks north of it.
- Firstly jump down to the next platform below (one level below the starting ledge). There will be some Vampire Bats lingering here.
- Follow the left wall around (such that you are now on the opposite side of the cave to where you entered, moving clockwise). Keep following the left wall until there is a small ledge that you can drop down to (you are now facing back towards the entrance above).
- Drop down on to a further small rock ledge sticking out from the wall below.
- Turn back to the right and jump onto the large rock platform beneath (the chest is at roughly the same height as the area you are now jumping on to). This platform will be guarded by a Veteran Red Ooze and a Vampire Bat, which can both be ignored.
- Follow the outer edge of this platform to the rocky outcrop beside the stone pillar and jump over to the chest for the achievement. Consider applying swiftness here before making the jump.
- Jump down into the water (guarded by a Veteran Shark).
- Swim south along the surface of the water (past several Sockeye Salmon) until you reach the rock wall, then dive and swim through the gap below the wall.
- Swim up again after passing through the gap and climb out of the water. You should be in a cave with a few Red Ooze behind you.
- Exit the cave from the south side through the water fall.
- Follow the right wall of the cavern upon entering. Jump on the first suspended boulder, then back to the ledge by the right wall. Get to the rocky outcropping north of the chest. Jump to the pillar.
- You can jump from the top level to the chest (provided you aim properly), using traits that reduce falling damage:
- After jumping into the water, there is a small hole in the rocks at the north end just below the surface. This leads into a spacious, empty rock tunnel that seems to serve no purpose.
- If you only want the achievement, simply jumping to the chest (falling to your death in the process) will still grant the achievement. Equipping a drop damage reduction trait will keep you alive.
Whether you follow the left cavern wall (green) or the right one (red), you get to the place north of the chest from which you can jump to it.