A meta event is a series of dynamic events that tells the story of an explorable zone. A meta event might tell the story of a norn area in danger of being corrupted by the Sons of Svanir, or a human region constantly threatened by centaur armies. Meta events are meant to provide immersion, as well as orientation about the state of an area. There are generally two or more meta events in each zone. These meta events are usually made up of 5 to 20 events chaining and branching in various directions.
Meta events are displayed in the event assistant, framing the actual dynamic event that marks the state of the meta event. They stand out because they are displayed even if no events are currently running. However, unlike dynamic events, meta events are neither completed nor do they provide experience points or rewards of their own. However, if players succeed at certain meta events, hidden areas of the world may become accessible for a period of time.
List of meta events
- Assault on Atrox: Uniting the Grawl
- The Battle for Buloh Crossing
- The Battle for the Flame Citadel and Senecus Castrum
- The Pact Campaign Against the Flame Legion
- Bashing Bauxite Alchemicals
- Cathedral of Eternal Radiance
- Cathedral of Zephyrs
- Pact troops, move out!
- The Path to Arah
- The Road to Ruin
Special meta events
- Shadow of the Mad King
- The Lost Shores
- Meta events during the beta tests
- Divinity's Reach, March 2012 beta
- Plains of Ashford, June 2012 beta