The Collapsed Observatory
The Collapsed Observatory
Map of The Collapsed Observatory
is a jumping puzzle
in the southeast part of Kessex Hills
Start from Cereboth Waypoint in Cereboth Canyon and head directly south. The cave eventually leads to Isgarren's View.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution to The Collapsed Observatory jumping puzzle.
- The cavern entrance to The Collapsed Observatory jumping puzzle is at the source of the stream, south of Cereboth Canyon waypoint in Kessex Hills.
- Run in, then climb into a hole in the wall directly ahead (no need to fight the Oozes).
- To your below, and slightly to your right are a couple of wooden platforms with an Ooze and broken stairs after them.
- Jump down onto the platforms, then run down the broken stairs on the right wall of the cavern. Beware the gaps in the stairs.
- At the end of the stairs you need to get on top of the suspended wooden plank, then turn right into the next room (see pictures). From the stairs, either jump to the left side of the plank (a little ledge there), or directly onto the plank, or use a thin ledge on the right wall (barely noticeable) to get right on top of the plank then drop safely down on to it.
- In the next room, you need to get to the high platform or roof on your left, by jumping on the top of some columns all the way to the right wall then on to the roof (see pictures).
- If you fall here, you can work your way back up to the plank by defeating two oozes, climbing a ruined stairway clockwise up the wall and jumping across the waterfall.
- On the other side of the roof, your next objective is to get up to the high stairs to your left. The way to do that is to drop down and go left. Kill the Ooze in the room so you can jump without being slowed down, then continue on the external wooden walkway. Jump across to the right wall of the cave. Climb up some stairs to a ledge on the right wall, then jump across back to the high stairs (see pictures).
- Run up the stairs, then drop down to the chest and fight the Veteran Jungle Troll. Afterwards drop down a hole and follow the path upwards. (You will reach a small Strawberry farm and a Vista, as well as a diving site with diving goggles.)
- You don't need to fight anything except the final troll by the chest (and perhaps an Ooze or two if you're in combat and need to make a long jump).
- If you fall while attempting to jump on the columns to reach the roof you can easily get back to the suspended plank.
1. From the Cereboth Waypoint, head south crossing the river and up the ledge with Cave Bats.
1(b). You can enter the cave from the left bank of the stream, but the ledge on the right is the entrance trigger point for the daily achievement.
2. Run into the cave entrance and jump into the hole in the wall directly ahead.
3. There are two silver ores (not worth it) up above on the left. Otherwise, drop down to take the stairs going down.
4. On the right wall are a couple of wooden platforms with an Ooze, which lead to broken stairs going down. Take the stairs down.
5. Once you're at the end of the stairs you need to get onto the suspended wooden plank. A relatively safe way to do it is to jump onto the thin ledge along the right wall, hug the wall until you're straight above the wooden plank, then drop down to the plank.
6. On the plank, walk down into the next room. The high platform or roof to the left is where you want to go.
7(before). From the roof, drop down on the other side and follow the indicated route to climb up on the right side of the cave, then jump across to the high broken stairs.
7(after). Seen from the other end. How you got to the high stairs from the roof.
8. Drop below to face off with a Veteran Jungle Troll guarding the chest.
Daily Puzzle Discoverer trigger point
- To get the Daily Puzzle Discoverer achievement credit from this puzzle, you have to get up on the ledge to the right of the stream before the entrance, as seen on the second picture above. Approaching the entrance directly from the stream will not trigger the achievement.
- Diving goggles for a jump adjacent to Isgarren's View are near the exit to the completed jumping puzzle.