Sink the Ash Horizon!
Sink the Ash Horizon!
- Fort Cadence
- Event type
- Group event
- Part of
- Assault on Fort Cadence
- Preceded by
- Clear the Risen from the center of the ruins of Fort Cadence
- Upon failure
- Retake the Vigil's base camp
Protect the Northern Ruins!
Defend Fort Cadence's southern entrance
- Ash Horizon
- Camp overrun in: 15:00
The Ash Horizon can be attacked from the shore using the trebuchets and cannons provided, however they will quickly be destroyed, both by the Ash Horizon's catapults, which create large poison fields, and by the Risen that spawn during the event and come ashore. The siege weaponry can only be repaired by Vigil Engineers, which will also likely be dead, needing to be revived. While the engineers are repairing the weaponry, they will be targeted and the result is that if the engineer even lives long enough to repair weaponry, both the engineer and the repaired weaponry will both be dead in a very short period of time.
Because of the logistics in keeping the weaponry up, it is best to ignore it altogether. The Ash Horizon is surrounded by more Risen than players will be able to handle, but that's only if players attempt to fight them. Instead, players can swim up to the Ash Horizon and jump on its bow. This can be done by only pulling aggro on a few Risen, which can be killed from the bow of the ship. After that, the ship itself can be meleed, and it will be destroyed fairly quickly. A single player can do this by themselves with very little trouble.
Another strategy is to focus on keeping one or two pieces of siege functioning and supporting the NPCs while killing the Risen. Augmenting this with skills that reflect will complete the event with plenty of time to spare.
- Crusader Deeta: Look to the seas! The Ash Horizon is rising from the depths!
- Crusader Rowen: A bold gambit! They seek to strike at us, but in doing so, they leave themselves open to attack. Cannoneers, to your positions!
- Crusader Rowen: Today, the sun sets on the Ash Horizon!
- Event success
- Crusader Deeta: That one did it! We sunk their ship!
- Crusader Deeta: Let that be a lesson to them!
- Crusader Rowen: You all performed admirably! Do not, however, let this victory distract you. The seas are strange, and the threat persists.