Eye of Janthir
- This article is about for the object encountered in Bastion of the Penitent. For the amulet, see Eye of Janthir (amulet).
The Eye of Janthir is an ancient artifact of great power, used by the White Mantle and the mursaat. It originates from the Isles of Janthir, being tied to the people who once lived there. During the White Mantle's reign, it was used to discern who were Chosen, so that they may be sacrificed atop of the Maguuma Bloodstone. With the White Mantle's fall from power in 1072 AE, the Eye disappeared.
In 1330 AE, the Eye of Janthir was found again, now within the Bastion of the Penitent, first witnessed above Cairn the Indomitable's station. There, it was revealed that the Eye of Janthir had been keeping Saul D'Alessio alive for the past 260 years, under the orders of the mursaat, tormenting him with guilt and shame and trying to convince him to serve his Unseen Ones once more. After the defeat of Deimos and Saul's death, the Eye left the ancient mursaat prison to a then unknown destination.
It was revealed by the Shining Blade to the Pact Commander that with its latest task completed, the Eye had begun to seek out its masters. To fulfill this, it searched for and collected Lazarus's aspects as he was the last mursaat alive. When Lazarus was finally revived and subsequently killed, the Eye of Janthir disintegrated, proving once and for all that no mursaat remained on Tyria.
- Invulnerable: Unleashes True Sight When Stunned
- Battle Vision - Damage to the Eye of Janthir is reduced by 100%.
- Dangerous Secrets - Powerful magic obscures the Guardian's vulnerabilities. Requires true-seeing magic to dispel.
- Strained Eyesight - The true-seeing power of the Eye of Janthir is temporarily spent. (Only during The Last Chance)
- Eye Beam
- Order of the Vampire [verification requested]
- Stolen skills
- Associated items