Bastion of the Obscure
Bastion of the Obscure
1 7 1
Click to enlarge.
The charming of chaos, the taming of the Obscure.
Bastion of the Obscure is an area within western Amnytas. It hosts the Obscure school of thought of Amnytas originally led by Akeem of the Wizard's Court millennia ago, with the spot currently vacant. They attempt to explore, or at least be aware of, things of the world and beyond that cannot be known, including the presence of other realms, powerful deities, or the expansive planes of the Mists.
Locations and objectives
- Bastion of the Obscure Waypoint —
- Points of Interest
- Akeem's Tower —
- Cartography Chamber —
- Contretemps —
- Natatorium Obscurus —
- Relic Repository —
- The Riftworks —
- Spiritual Center —
- Bastion of the Obscure Vista —
- Mastery Insights
- Amnytas Insight: Obscured by the Clouds
- Collect relics for Livia, and keep the Kryptis from stealing too many (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Tentacle of Nourys and close the rift (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the anomalous tentacle and close the rift (80)
- Defeat the avatar before it steals the relics (80) [Group Event]
- Defend Researcher Lezzi as she gathers information about rifts (80)
- Escort Researcher Lezzi and her new data about Nayos (80)
- Exorcise the possessed researchers (80)
- Fight off the Kryptis ambush (80)
- Help Livia escort the relics by shooting at Kryptis from the magic platforms (80) [Group Event]
- Quickly disperse the unstable rift before it explodes (80)
- Stop the Kryptis from taking the map room (80)
- Tame Sand Eel (80)
- Assistant Mefi (80)
- Researcher Doompaw (80)
- Construct of Galdra (80)
- * Astral Ward Scout (80)
- Astral Fisher (80)
- Astral Ward Mage (80)
- Astral Ward Protector (80)
- Astral Ward Skirmisher (80)
- Rift Hunter Warrior (80)
- Incarnation of Judgement (80)
- Incarnation of Terror (80)
- The Corrupted (80)
- The Craven (80)
- The Cursed (80)
- The Tormented (80)
- Veteran Avatar of Gluttony (80)
- Veteran Avatar of Rage (80)
- Veteran Avatar of Regret (80)
- Veteran The Tormented (80)
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: Supplies are...dismal. I suspect we'll need to get more creative to survive a war of attrition.
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: Got any number of weapons in the research labs. All experimental and untested, but better than nothing...?
- Astral Ward Protector: There are a few tricks we could utilize... Akeem's collection of scrolls has been untouched for a century. What they contain—
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: Is useless to us without them, we know this. We keep that room locked tight for a reason.
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: Dare I remind you of the quaggan incident? That poor girl still vomits seaweed, even after the hex was lifted...
- Astral Ward Mage: I need to get back into my lab immediately.
- Astral Ward Mage: We were so close to tuning the dagger that Zommoros gave Isgarren.
- Rift Hunter Warrior: Oh, I know. I still remember how challenging it was to merge Lyhr when it first arrived.
- Astral Ward Mage: Alchemy... I've never heard him scream like that. Just holding it made him split.
- Astral Ward Mage: You know Zommoros, though. Could've done it just to mess with us.
- Head Experimenter Rhianwyn: I wonder how all of this...mess would have turned out if Akeem was still with us?
- Assistant Mefi: Only Isgarren, Mabon, or Dagda could really say. They fell so long ago, right?
- Head Experimenter Rhianwyn: Yes... We only have notes and stories now. Which are all...contradictory.
- Head Experimenter Rhianwyn: One said they were a water djinn; another, earth... A third claimed no one knew for certain.
- Head Experimenter Rhianwyn: Akeem spent much of their time shapeshifting into other species to learn more about them.
- Head Experimenter Rhianwyn: Regardless, we follow their lead. Question everything. Never accept the reality presented in front of you.
- Head Experimenter Rhianwyn: Doubt is just your mind telling you that you're asking the right questions.
- Hologram northwest of the Spiritual Center
- Rhianwyn: Akeem taught us to explore the many things in this world—and the next—that we cannot know.
- Rhianwyn: The Bastion of the Obscure houses many mysteries that we've yet to crack.
- Rhianwyn: But looking into the abyss is how we determine Tyria's next steps. Many of these unknowable things brought you to the ward.
- Rhianwyn: The presence of the Underworld; the Spirits of the Wild. The Mists and their expansive, terrifying planes...
- Rhianwyn: We may not know everything, but we must be aware if we want to thrive.
- Near Ominous Grimoire
- Voice: (chuckles)
- Voice: What do you see when you open my pages...?
- Voice: She looked on them long ago. And it drove the queen just mad...
- Voice: Do you tempt it...?
- Fishing nodes
- Spire Fish
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore
- Rich Mithril Vein
- Rich Orichalcum Vein
- Red Oak Sapling
- This is a tree!
- Sugar Pumpkin