Bastion of Balance
Bastion of Balance
1 7 1
Click to enlarge.
Actions bear weight, and the scales must remain in Balance.
Bastion of Balance is an area within northwestern Amnytas. It hosts the Balance school of thought of Amnytas led by Lyhr of the Wizard's Court. A place to debate, question, and evaluate, it represents the natural balance between all magic. It also serves as a place where the Astral Ward members can come to heal and rejuvenate.
Locations and objectives
- Bastion of Balance Waypoint —
- Points of Interest
- Dubious Islet —
- Equilibrium Glade —
- Great Debate Hall —
- Harmony Green —
- Lyhr's Tower —
- Thaumaturgy Park —
- Vass Memorial Medical Plaza —
- Great Debate Hall Vista —
- Defeat the Tentacle of Nourys and close the rift (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the anomalous tentacle and close the rift (80)
- Engage the avatars and free the Bastion of Balance (80) [Group Event]
- Escort Lyhr to the Great Hall so he can rebalance himself (80) [Group Event]
- Help Livia escort the relics by shooting at Kryptis from the magic platforms (80) [Group Event]
- Help Lyhr bring order to the debate hall (80) [Group Event]
- Hunt down the avatar general (80)
- Luux (80)
- Astral Ward Scout (80)
- Construct of Galdra (80)
- Hellie (80)
- Counselor Gol (80)
- Healer Krys (80)
- Healer Loohsoo (80)
- Astral Ward Mage [Faction Provisioner]
- Barred Owl
- Dust Mites
- Spider Hatchling
- Tropical Bird
- Sky-Chak Drone (80)
- Sky-Chak Slinger (80)
- Sky-Chak Zapper (80)
- Veteran Sky-Chak Drone (80)
- Veteran Sky-Chak Slinger (80)
- Fly (80)
- Incarnation of Judgement (80)
- Incarnation of Terror (80)
- Terrorling (80)
- The Corrupted (80)
- The Craven (80)
- The Cursed (80)
- The Tormented (80)
- Veteran Avatar of Despair (80)
- Veteran Avatar of Gluttony (80)
- Veteran Avatar of Rage (80)
- Veteran Avatar of Regret (80)
- Near Harmony Green, a projection of Lyhr
- Lyhr: The Bastion of Balance is a place to debate, question, and evaluate.
- Lyhr: Balance is an act of weighing the odds. Of calculating risk.
- Lyhr: We are the observers, tasked with ensuring that every choice is carefully weighed.
- Lyhr: Should we not, well... You've all seen Isgarren on a bad day.
- Near ??
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: (shrugs)
- Astral Ward Scout: What worries you, human?
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: Should I have left home? I joined the Astral Ward to protect my family. There wasn't anything I could do in that village...
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: But, if we die here...will it have been for nothing? At least I would've had one more slice of Dad's pie.
- Astral Ward Scout: I can't speak to the joy of "pie," but having also left my home to find Ventari...or his people, rather...
- Astral Ward Scout: I knew what I was abandoning. My mate. My family. I didn't find Ventari, but I did find this place.
- Astral Ward Scout: And even if fate is not on our side, the things I've learned about Tyria here are irreplaceable.
- Astral Ward Scout: The allies I've made are just the same.
- Astral Ward Protector: The Kryptis are perplexing to observe. Their growth is...erratic.
- Astral Ward Protector: There seems to be no true hierarchy beyond "bigger" and "smaller."
- Astral Ward Mage: I suppose we can observe that the larger, more robust Kryptis are more emotionally complex than the latter...
- Astral Ward Mage: I've yet to see the smaller ones speak anything beyond grunts and basic speech.
- Astral Ward Mage: Though, how they learned our language at all is a mystery.
- Astral Ward Protector: Size and age may correlate somehow, but based on some of the samples we've managed to collect, I doubt that's the case.
- Astral Ward Mage: Circumstances like these make me wish I had access to Rata Sum's extensive archives on biological development...
- Astral Ward Mage: If only the other bastions were as lucky as we are to have Lyhr...
- Astral Ward Protector: That may be your bias speaking, but it does contain truth.
- Astral Ward Protector: Neither Natural nor Obscure have been guided by a wizard for...well, a millennium. They need leadership.
- Astral Ward Mage: Isgarren hasn't allowed anyone to ascend since Lyhr. But imagine if he did... We might be looking at a new Astral Ward.
- At Bastion of Balance Waypoint
- Counselor Gol: You are sitting at the bottom of Inaya's Trench. Embrace the current.
- Counselor Gol: Listen for the ripple of the veil. Acknowledge it. Respect it.
- After completion of Engage the avatars and free the Bastion of Balance
- Lyhr: Luux, Hellie—are you well? Both in one piece?
- Luux: If I have to listen to those two shout about eggs...
- Hellie: Could ask you the same, Lyhr. You're back on your feet so early after the merge...
- Luux: How are you adjusting...? Should I grab you some tea?
- Lyhr: No need; I'm fine. If anything, take some time for yourselves. We'll need Balance's prudence to survive this war.
- Fishing nodes
- Spire Fish
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Verdant Herbs
- Ancient Sapling
- Cypress Sapling
- Red Oak Sapling