Bastion of Knowledge
Bastion of Knowledge
1 8 1
Click to enlarge.
The whole of Knowledge was once merely fragments of mystery.
Bastion of Knowledge is an area within southeastern Amnytas. It hosts the Knowledge school of thought of Amnytas led by Isgarren of the Wizard's Court. Not merely an archive of the history of the world, but a haven for those who want to know, its members want to uncover all secrets of Tyria, including the darkest ones.
Locations and objectives
- Bastion of Knowledge Waypoint —
- Points of Interest
- Cellar of Arcana —
- Erudition Arcade —
- Grand Library of Amnytas —
- Isgarren's Tower —
- Island of Cognizance —
- Museum of Curiosities: Hall of Giants —
- Museum of Curiosities: Main Gallery —
- Pool of Reflection —
- Bastion of Knowledge Vista —
- Mastery Insights
- Amnytas Insight: The Plaza of Wisdom
- Collect evidence of Kryptis infiltration (80)
- Defeat Isgarren's rampaging elemental (80)
- Defeat the Tentacle of Nourys and close the rift (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the anomalous tentacle and close the rift (80)
- Defeat the avatar before it absorbs the library's knowledge (80)
- Defeat the avatar before it steals the relics (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the mysterious entity (80)
- Defeat the rampaging museum exhibits (80)
- Help Livia escort the relics by shooting at Kryptis from the magic platforms (80) [Group Event]
- Navigate Isgarren's wards (80)
- Prepare for the Kryptis assault on the gates (80)
- Retake the bastion gates from the Kryptis (80)
- Stop the Kryptis from taking the front gates (80)
- Astral Ward Defender (80)
- Astral Ward Scout (80)
- Archivist Diana (80)
- Astral Ward Mage (80)
- Astral Ward Protector (80)
- Astral Ward Skirmisher (80)
- Museum Worker (80)
- Rift Hunter Warrior (80)
- Astral Ward Skirmisher [Faction Provisioner] (80)
- Veteran Skyscale (80)
- Spark (80)
- Hologram of Isgarren
- Isgarren: The Bastion of Knowledge is not just an archive of the history of our world, but a haven for those who want to know.
- Isgarren: A promise to know all we can. For all knowledge to be accessible, not stolen by broken earth or hoarded by selfish motives.
- Isgarren: Here, together, we will uncover the darkest of secrets that Tyria desperately wants to keep hidden...
- Isgarren: Knowledge, my friends, is critical to survival.
- In the Grand Library of Amnytas
- Astral Ward Protector: I don't know if I can do another shift with Wavering Heart while she's so...contentious.
- Astral Ward Mage (1): You noticed, too? I heard her murmuring to herself about "rage from the abyss." She can get dramatic, but this is...
- Astral Ward Protector: Scary? Maybe we should call on Narcisse. Get her evaluated. Oh, I don't know... I have bad days, too.
- Astral Ward Mage (1): But she could be possessed. Hasn't killed anyone—yet—but if things turn south, we need to react.
- Astral Ward Protector: We also need to trust her to tell us if she's in peril. She wouldn't sacrifice us needlessly...
- Astral Ward Mage (1): Wording.
- Astral Ward Mage (2): I don't...pray to the gods...but...
- Astral Ward Mage (2): Next book I catch...will be scorched in Balthazar's...name...
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: I GOT ONE!
- Head Archivist Wavering Heart: Deceivers in our midst... Liars, all... They think I don't see them. But I see everything.
- Broca Steeltrap: Uh, ma'am? You're talking to yourself again.
- Head Archivist Wavering Heart: Don't you see, Broca? Look at that book! And that one! The demons defile this library as we speak.
- Head Archivist Wavering Heart: None can be trusted...
- East outside the library
- Peitha: The people of this world have such a fascination with…things. Baubles and books. Though, I do quite like the word "bauble".
- Peitha: The Kryptis are not too dissimilar in that way, admittedly… Though, I could blame Eparch's lust for what is not his.
- Astral Ward Mage (1): What do you think'll happen to Amnytas if we lose the spire…?
- Astral Ward Mage (2): Purge those thoughts from your mind, There's no need to humor the worst evolution of events.
- Astral Ward Mage (1): I'm being practical, here. If the spire falls, does Amnytas? Are we going to crash into the ocean?
- Between the library and Erudition Arcade
- Rift Hunter Warrior: What do you imagine we'll do with the…inhabitants of the fractals?
- Rift Hunter Warrior: I can't imagine sending them back—I don't know if they'd survive the trip.
- Astral Ward Mage: Well, we certainly don't have the space in the Wizard's Tower. We'll likely be knee-deep in damage control.
- Rift Hunter Warrior: I would consider them our "damage control." They didn't have a choice in any of this.
- Rift Hunter Warrior: Finding them a home is as important as repairing ours.
- The roof of the Erudition Arcade
- Astral Ward Defender (water djinn): Make your move, bird.
- Rift Hunter Warrior (tengu): Do not rush me, moisture bucket. We're playing without a timer.
- Astral Ward Scout: To play steadfastly in the face of destruction. Admirable perseverance.
- Astral Ward Defender (d): A day and a half to make that move? Ah.
- Rift Hunter Warrior (t): You judge? Try to execute a better Shining Blade Defense after being dealt the Krait's Gambit.
- Astral Ward Scout: I would not lean on them for support right now.
- By the museum
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: Place is a mess without Ilse. And I doubt a skritt will keep things in order.
- Astral Ward Protector: If you have any doubt that R'tchikk will throw all of her might into the role of museum director, you don't know her very well.
- Astral Ward Protector: Especially with Glade at her side. Where they may fall short against Ilse's experience, they bring more heart.
- Astral Ward Protector: And I think we could all use more of that. Especially now.
- Astral Ward Skirmisher: Mm. I do remember when Ilse dragged me through the dirt for placing the augury scrolls out of order...
- Astral Ward Protector: She follows Isgarren's path too closely, at times.
- By the Pool of Reflection
- Astral Ward Warrior (tengu): I'll be happy when we're able t move again. Somewhere tropical. Lower elevation…
- Astral Ward Warrior (t): I miss the Dominion.
- Astral Ward Mage (human): And I miss Elona. I wonder if this war would be better fought if we were further south…
- Astral Ward Warrior (t): The closer we are to home, the more at risk they'd be. It's a hard truth…
- "An Unofficial History of the Wizard's Court, Volume 3" by A. Hawthorn
- "An Unofficial History of the Wizard's Court, Volume 2" by A. Hawthorn
- Archival Records: Legavo, the Binding of Wills
- Binding the Net of Sidereal
- Cardinal Blue
- Foundation of the Astral Ward
- Meditation: The Ultimate Weapon
- On the Introduction of Sylvari to the Astral Ward
- Seer Curses and Rituals
- "Strategic Scenario Response Proposal—Cold Frame—Astral Ward Eyes Only"
- Misplaced Books
- Museum plaques
- Central Tyrian Fauna
- Cleansed Jade Mechs
- Giganticus Lupicus
- Karka Queen
- Lazarus the Dire
- Pillar Guardian
- Rata Primus Golems
- Risen Dwayna Statues
- Rune Jars
- Serpent Vanguard
- Shattered Templar
- Shore Eater
- Spearmarshal Kormir as Goddess of Truth
- "Stone Mirror" (Self-Portrait)
- Fishing nodes
- Astral Fish
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Baoba Sapling
- Red Oak Sapling