Zhaitan can be defeated, but that will not save Orr. The land must be cleansed of this poison. Seek the source...
— The Last King of Orr
King Reza was the last human king of Orr. Known to be a faithful follower of the human gods and a man of peace, during the Guild Wars, he reluctantly sent Orr's armies to put an end to the fighting. His actions led Orr to be poorly defended when the charr invaded in 1071 AE, which led Vizier Khilbron to seek out the Forbidden Scrolls and cause the Cataclysm which sunk Orr.
After the Rising of Orr, Zhaitan plundered the royal tombs in Azabe Qabar and used the bodies of Reza's family to create the Eyes of Zhaitan, with Reza as their Sovereign. As the most powerful Eye of Zhaitan, Reza was tasked with guarding the Artesian Waters, the source of Orr's magic. He was freed by Trahearne and the Pact Commander, and bestowed upon the Commander the title "Champion of Orr".
|Following the cleansing of the Artesian Waters and the fall of Zhaitan, Reza and fellow liberated Orrian ghosts lingered on in Orr, fighting against the Elder Dragon's lingering corruption. They eventually moved to Siren's Landing where they hoped to activate the gods' reliquaries to achieve this end and joined forces with the sylvari Firstborn Dagonet and other Tyrian volunteers who had traveled to Orr to continue the work Trahearne had begun. In 1330 AE, Reza was reunited with the Pact Commander who was pursuing Balthazar and the Eye of Janthir and asked for the Commander's help in removing Zhaitan's corruption and reactivating the reliquaries. In exchange the king informed the Commander about how to access Abaddon's Reliquary where Balthazar and the Eye of Janthir had been seen heading towards.|
- Chapter 6: The Battle of Claw Island
- Chapter 8: Victory or Death
|Bundle of Orrian Pearls||Consumable||Exotic||—||2,688|
|Mini Ley-Line Scavenger||Miniature||Rare||—||105,000 +|
|Relic of Melandru||Back item||Ascended||80||315,000 +|
|Recipe: Oysters with Cocktail Sauce||Recipe sheet||Masterwork||—||17,500 +|
|Crude Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Basic||—||28|
|Basic Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Basic||—||77|
|Fine Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Fine||—||252|
|Journeyman's Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Masterwork||—||2,800|
|Master's Salvage Kit||Salvage kit||Rare||—||5,600|
|Favor of Melandru||Trophy||Exotic||—||7,000|
- Favor of Melandru requires that the player has started the Aurora: Awakening collection, and is only available for purchase once.
- These poor Risen must be finite in number. If we return them all to the land, then perhaps we can bring Orr back to health. It is a worthy goal, don't you think?
- I'll see what I can do.
- Your knowledge of ley-line energy and these little creatures is nothing short of miraculous. We are fortunate you arrived when you did. May I replenish your supplies?
- Yes, thank you.
- I must be off. Good-bye.
- Reza is a Persian name meaning "contentment" or "satisfaction". Most notably, it was the second name of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the last Shah of Iran that was deposed in 1979 by the Iranian Revolution.