From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Listing their title in brackets after their name (e.g. "Boudin [Baker]").
- Using a floating icon above their head to represent their vendor type.
 Types of vendors
|Cultural armorsmith||Armor||Accepts coin only.|
|Cultural weaponsmith||Weapons||Accepts karma only.|
|Dungeon merchant||Various||Accepts tokens only.|
|Glory Vendor||Various||Accepts glory only.|
|Karma merchant||Various||Accepts karma only.|
|Laurel merchant||Various||Accepts Laurels only.|
|Merchant||Various||Accepts coin only.|
|Repairs||Repairs||Repairs broken armor for coin.|
|Trainer||Manuals||Sells instruction manual consumables for coin.|
Speaking to a vendor brings up a vendor panel with two or more tabs. Every vendor will have one or more "Buy" tabs, one "Sell" tab, and one "Buy Back" tab. The different tab types are as follows:
- Buy: purchase specific item types; there are filters to restrict the list to those that the character can use.
- Point the cursor at an item to show its statistics.
- Stats listed in green are better than those for the currently-equipped equivalent item; red stats are worse.
- Sell: You can sell any item to any vendor for coin; prices are always the same.
- Buy Back: Allows the character to regain any item sold accidentally to that vendor