The Crown Pavilion
|It has been suggested that this article, The Crown Pavilion, be moved to The Crown Pavilion (zone) because: "the other location is around year-long, this location is not".|
- This article is about the zone. For the area within Divinity's Reach, see The Crown Pavilion (area).
The Crown Pavilion
The Crown Pavilion is a special zone accessible through Divinity's Reach. It was introduced during the Queen's Jubilee release. The Crown Pavilion was once the The Great Collapse area, being transformed in a gladiatorial arena in honor of Queen Jennah's jubilee and celebration of the human spirit to fight and endure. The zone only has one identifiable area, being the same name as the zone and not to be confused with the area in Divinity's Reach. The arena is divided into six slices, having a corresponding theme and emissary to fight for. Enemies in the zone are watchknights under an illusion. Upon defeating an enemy, the illusion will be unvieled to be a watchknight. The zone does not have vistas, skill challenges, or renown hearts and does not count for map completion. Like other Living World content, players will be scaled up to 80 for the duration of the release.
The Crown Pavilion was available until September 3rd, except for the Opening Ceremony story and its related achievement, which was removed on August 20th, along with the release of Clockwork Chaos.
Characters are adjusted to level 80 while in the zone.
 Getting there
The Crown Pavilion was accessible from a portal near the Crown Pavilion waypoint at Crown Pavilion area in western Divinity's Reach. The first time you entered this portal you would be placed into the Opening Ceremony story instance, but after that you were able to access the Crown Pavilion freely from any character.
 Locations and objectives
- Crown Pavilion Waypoint
There are no known events for this area.
The zone is divided into six slices of a circle, divided by walls and a central platform. The center acts as a hub to each slice and contains a merchant, retrainer, repairs, and the emissaries. Each slice has an associated theme, making references to various races and organizations in Tyria and a corresponding emissary from a major city to each group. Destroyers have suitable molten environment, pirates have beached ships, and so on. Each emissary grants a champion effect that provides a magic find bonus, reduced damage from the family in the corresponding slice, and a buff. Defeating enemies while under a champion effect will progress the achievement for that emissary.
Each slice features an event with a legendary foe, which drops a steel chest at their location, and awards a chest (shown by an icon on the map) upon completion. Two events can be active at any time and start at two random slices. An event will restart in a random slice after approximately 10 minutes if it is completed. All the slices contain a high density of foes with quick respawn rates not seen elsewhere in the game, with the events spawning even more enemies while active. This can quickly overwhelm small groups of players and encourages players to move as one group to complete the events and combat foes in the zone. Each slice also contains a Glorious Chest (see map to right) in the area that can be opened daily.
- Black Citadel Emissary
- Ebonhawke Emissary
- Grove Emissary
- Hoelbrak Emissary
- Lion's Arch Emissary
- Rata Sum Emissary
- Legendary Boom-Boom Baines
- Veteran Bandit Cutpurse
- Veteran Bandit Highwayman
- Veteran Bandit Poisoner
- Veteran Bandit Rifleman
- Veteran Bandit Saboteur
- Veteran Bandit Thug
- Harathi Lancer
- Harathi Sharpshooter
- Legendary Kuraii the Cruel
- Modniir Beastmaster
- Modniir Hunter
- Modniir Sage
- Veteran Modniir Beastmaster
- Veteran Modniir Berserker
- Veteran Modniir Sage
- Veteran Tamini Archer
- Veteran Tamini Warrior
- Legendary Sparcus Firesplash
- Veteran Flame Legion Axe Fiend
- Veteran Flame Legion Blademaster
- Veteran Flame Legion Bladestorm
- Veteran Flame Legion Igniter
- Veteran Flame Legion Fire Shaman
- Veteran Flame Legion Lava Shaman
- Veteran Flame Legion Shadowblade
- Veteran Flame Legion Smoke Shaman
- Veteran Flame Legion Stalker
- Legendary Wiggin the Wicked
- Veteran Covington Pirate
- Veteran Cutthroat Pirate
- Veteran Cutthroat Sapper
 Idle dialogue
- Frostbite: (chitter)
- Rox: "Ew. Frostbite, put that down. You don't know where it's been."
- Frostbite: (chomp)
- Frostbite: (chitter)
- Rox: (snort) "Aw, the cub's not so bad once you get used to his smell."
(when players enter the Queen's Gauntlet)
- Announcer: '""Here's an up-and-coming fighter, back for more.
- Announcer: "Always a pleasure to welcome this veteran contender back to our arena."
- Announcer: "You know this superstar by now. Let's hear it!"
(when players are in the Queen's Gauntlet)
- Announcer: "This competitor continues to impress, but can they keep it up?"
(when time runs out for players in Queen's Gauntlet)
- Announcer: "5..."
- Announcer: "4..."
- Announcer: "3..."
- Announcer: "2..."
- Announcer: "1!"
- You can also access this area by climbing onto the large hawk structure over the Pavilion and jumping. Your character will zone into the Crown Pavilion - sometimes receiving no fall damage upon landing, other times dying.